Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

mells, you are my hero today!

i work VERY closely with ddb, and i'm so happy to see when people use the website as a resource for education.  i should post some pics of my ddb rescue doggies.

[&] 

Re: mells, you are my hero today!

• Mells is MY hero today too!
  • Apparently, I'm rocking it out today. :)

I really like the resources on DDB, Rebecca! I didn't know you worked with them; very cool. :D

• Meet Rusty.  Rusty is a formerly chained dog rescued by DDB.  He is five years-old and lived his entire life on the end of a chain in San Antonio.  His "owner" moved out this summer, and she left Rusty behind to fend for himself in her backyard (still chained).  We rescued him from 105 degree weather and probably a fatal heat stroke.  Miraculously, Rusty is heartworm negative.  He is the biggest sweetheart ever and gets along with all dogs and humans despite his former neglect at the hands of a human.  Rusty lives with me right now, and he is searching for his forever home.

• image RDM1024:

Meet Rusty.  Rusty is a formerly chained dog rescued by DDB.  He is five years-old and lived his entire life on the end of a chain in San Antonio.  His "owner" moved out this summer, and she left Rusty behind to fend for himself in her backyard (still chained).  We rescued him from 105 degree weather and probably a fatal heat stroke.  Miraculously, Rusty is heartworm negative.  He is the biggest sweetheart ever and gets along with all dogs and humans despite his former neglect at the hands of a human.  Rusty lives with me right now, and he is searching for his forever home.

This gave me chills! I love his sweet face. YOU are a hero, RDM, for all you do with animals. How many dogs do you have now ... seven? :P

• I can't see Rusty's pic at work, but can we talk about rescues for a second?

Do you guys ever wonder what your dog dealt with?  Bandit was out in Big Bear Canyon for at least a couple months, and I can tell he was abused because if H raises his voice Bandit pees a little and he backs away and rolls over every time someone shows authority.  Anyway, he sits in the backyard when he goes out for his nighttime potty break and stares at the sky and it makes me sad.  It makes me wonder how long he was out there, if he remembers much of his old family, etc.

You can tell me I'm crazy.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • image MrsOjoButtons:

I can't see Rusty's pic at work, but can we talk about rescues for a second?

Do you guys ever wonder what your dog dealt with?  Bandit was out in Big Bear Canyon for at least a couple months, and I can tell he was abused because if H raises his voice Bandit pees a little and he backs away and rolls over every time someone shows authority.  Anyway, he sits in the backyard when he goes out for his nighttime potty break and stares at the sky and it makes me sad.  It makes me wonder how long he was out there, if he remembers much of his old family, etc.

Of course! I wonder stuff like that all the time. Abbey will back away from strangers who put out their hands to her -- but only in our house. And at a stern word, she cowers and crawls backwards. And what kind of people would just put her in the "overnight" box at the humane society anyway? Heartless ones. They could have at least filled out her medical history so we would have known if she was spayed or not. She wasn't, but already had a zipper scar, which means she's probably had puppies before and needed a C-section. :(

• image MellsBells:

Apparently, I'm rocking it out today. :)

I really like the resources on DDB, Rebecca! I didn't know you worked with them; very cool. :D

what's DDB?
  • image cherie19:
    image MellsBells:

Apparently, I'm rocking it out today. :)

what's DDB?

ddb = dogs deserve better

it is a national anti-chaining/tethering organization

• image MrsOjoButtons:

I can't see Rusty's pic at work, but can we talk about rescues for a second?

Totally! I don't have dogs but my stepmom has one that haaaates black men. We had a black UPS guy show up while she was at my dad's and she wouldn't let him near me. Had to put her inside just so the poor guy could deliver the package. Stepmom is conviced that her last owner must have been a black man that hit her or something.

[IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/headae85/this-rabbit-takes-no-shit1.jpg[/IMG]