Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

need a Realtor

Hi ladies,

I have been a lurker on this site since getting married in June, but this is my first official hello!

We have been trying to sell our house all summer with a Realtor.  Unfortunately, we haven't been too happy with her - we're not seeing much ambition out of her, and we're planning to cut her loose when the contract is up. We signed a contract last week to build, so we need to sell our current house asap.  We live right by Beaverdale, and it's a house with a price that should really appeal to first-time homebuyers.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a Realtor who has experience selling houses like this, and is willing to really go the extra mile to get a house sold?

Re: need a Realtor

• Welcome to the board and congrats on your recent marriage! I don't have any recommendations for you (the guy who helped us with our home purchase is no longer practicing). I'm sure you've noticed there's lots of home buying and selling chat on this board, so I'm sure someone will have a suggestion.
    Happy mom to two sweet, silly boys: Cohen age 4, AJ age 2.
  • Welcome to the board!! No advice here either for a realtor! Good luck!
  • Hello and welcome!

We were REALLY impressed w/ our realtor - Courtney Conlin from Iowa Realty.  We had a typical waukee townhome and were selling in the dead of winter and it sold really fast.  I think it was largely due to all of her hard work.  She really marketed it well and was always available for questions, etc.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • We bought and so we had a buyers agent, but we loved her and plan to use her when we sell, and my parents plan to use her when they start looking next spring. Pam Fagen, from Iowa Realty. She is out of Adel but is always willing to travel anywhere necessary. She is very quick to get back to us about any questions we have. I obviously don't know how she is as a seller's agent, but she was a great buyer's agent!
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320 - 7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) EDD 3/6/13 
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13

my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)