Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Attention Internet Shoppers... HELP

OK lovely ladies, I'm in love with this cuff bracelet and I desperately want it for my wedding.  Sadly, the $30000 price tag is just a bit out of my price range.

Help me find an imitation.  I NEED it!

Vera Wang Rose Cuff

Re: Attention Internet Shoppers... HELP

• Mells, you're f'ing amazing.  $100 I can deal with that!  I'm so excited right now, I want to give you a gift!
  • Go Mells. That was fast.
  • lol! Buy me one! ;) j/k

And for $100, it should still be a quality piece of jewelry. It's not like it's made from plastic Claire's quality. yay for imitations!

• imagekatykinz73:
    Go Mells. That was fast.

I'm like MN lightning!

• good work mells!!

thats a gorgeous bracelet! 

• So Mells, since your ah-mazing care to tell me where to find affordable fall/winter clothes?
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/15np005.jpg[/IMG]

3/?
  • OK, now I really want the earrings too.  Do you girls think that's too much bling.  I'm wearing my Grammie's pearl necklace.  I was just going to wear my diamond studs, but these are badass.  It is in Vegas - What do you think?

these bad boys

• imagemissmatty:

OK, now I really want the earrings too.  Do you girls think that's too much bling.  I'm wearing my Grammie's pearl necklace.  I was just going to wear my diamond studs, but these are badass.  It is in Vegas - What do you think?

these bad boys

oooooooo Indifferent I.love.those. I think you should get them. it would tie cuff and necklace together. 

• imagekbwifey:
    imagemissmatty:

OK, now I really want the earrings too.  Do you girls think that's too much bling.  I'm wearing my Grammie's pearl necklace.  I was just going to wear my diamond studs, but these are badass.  It is in Vegas - What do you think?

these bad boys

oooooooo Indifferent I.love.those. I think you should get them. it would tie cuff and necklace together. 

Agreed! :P

• is your hair going to be up or down? I can see those getting caught in your hair if it down that's all.
  • imagekbwifey:
    imagemissmatty:

these bad boys

ITA!

3/?
  • imageericandmarie:
    So Mells, since your ah-mazing care to tell me where to find affordable fall/winter clothes?

haha, I have no idea. :)

*jumps off MN pedestal*

• I can't make up my mind on hair yet.  I think that with my dress - it would look better down?  IDK
  • PIP your dress again!

And, is the wedding a formal affair? Maybe a half updo?

• I'd say semi formal... Guys in tuxes, girls in cocktail dresses

Please forgive the retard look on my face while being stuffed into the BabyGap sample dress.

• I looooove trumpets/modified trumpets. That's what my dress was! You can do your hair however you want, really, but having half of it up (or all of it) would allow more people to see those stunning earrings!
  • I l.o.v.e. my dress, it should be here next week!  So I bought them both, oh boy - good thing we're expecting a fatty SRB tax-free next week!

AW moment: my badass hubby is re-enlisting next week!  VA-here we come!

Maybe it's time to post some hair ideas I like for opinions?  I love days off!

• imagemissmatty:

I l.o.v.e. my dress, it should be here next week!  So I bought them both, oh boy - good thing we're expecting a fatty SRB tax-free next week!

AW moment: my badass hubby is re-enlisting next week!  VA-here we come!

Maybe it's time to post some hair ideas I like for opinions?  I love days off!

Dooooo iiiiiiiiiit!

• Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

I think styles like these would look amazing with that dress and show of those earrings!

3/?
  •  Ok I love the dress, bracelet, and earrings.  But if you are going to do the earrings you should wear your hair up.   But I think it would all go together perfectly!
  • So, I like these... 

My friend works for Sara Gabriel and is making me this hairpiece, but with some peacock feathers...

here

So - I pulled all updo's, you ladies make my life so easy.  Just make all my decisions for me from here on out!

• I love all those, particularly the last one! It looks a bit more structured and like it might stay in place/not fall flat during a night of fun and dancing.

And -- peacock feathers?! You are SOOOO Carrie Bradshaw, lady! I hope you got those Manolo Blahniks.  ;)

• Yes, I like the Carrie Underwood one too.  As far as my ill fated Manolos, sadly- I didn't purchase them.  Too high to walk in and too expensive.  I just bought some cute Kate Spades and I'm having them dyed.
  • Totally off topic!

Yay for MrMatty re-up'ing and whoot whoot for your move to VA!!!