Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

PSA--Keep yourself and families safe!

With this whole thing about the girl who was found alive after being kidnapped 18 years ago by a sex offender, I want to remind you all about Megan's Law and the National Sex Offender Registry.

Find out if any sex offenders live near you at this website:

familywatchdog.us

I get email updates whenever a sex offender moves to my city. So far, there are none too close, but it's better to be safe than sorry. A friend of mine found out through this website that her BIL's brother is a registered sex offender and now she makes sure that her teen daughter is NEVER around this guy.

Re: PSA--Keep yourself and families safe!

• I checked that site about a year ago and there wasn't anyone near us...now there are 3...thank God they're a few miles away and not THAT close by. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • OMG! There are so many of them!
  • That is scary! I looked and there is one just two streets over from my house! Creepy!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ugh, there are a ton of sex offenders around us. none in our actual condo community, but in the houses and apartments all around us. I am working on memorizing their faces so by the time I get pregnant and give birth I know who is a sex offender!
  • Oh there are sex offenders EVERYWHERE. I work for the parole division. Riverside county has a huge concentration, as does San Bernardino County.  Its a tough line because they're not supposed to live within 2000 feet of a school, park or any place where children congregate. If you look at the site it tells you what their commitment offense was- whether it was an offense on a child, rape, indecent exposure, etc... Just be aware and know your surroundings.
    Don't worry about tomorrow. After all, today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. Take each day as it comes...one at a time. Midnight Baking Adventures Blog
  • I've checked it several times. Very scary. There are a few near us, but not too close. It's good to be aware. I'm so freaked out by the whole kidnapping thing, I was in tears Friday after reading about a couple cases. Fortunately it is rare, but it scares me to death.