Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

trash service

For those of you who are SID who do you have for trash service and how much is it? We have Elkhorn Sanitation and they were $49 every three months but just jumped to $69! This is getting ridiculous!
Holly

Re: trash service

• Is that for yard waste, too?  Ours goes up for yard waste.  I think we pay $55 no yard waste/$75 yard waste.

• We use Abe's. It's in the 40s for 3 months. Honestly, I don't remember how much - thinking about $47-49. We've been annexed, too, and I am still paying. They'll take anything and that's what I like. If it jumped up in price, though, I may reconsider.
    Stefanie
    Happily Married Since 11.29.02
    Brayden Kenneth born 3.27.06
    Blaire Kay born 7.10.10

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We use Abe's, too, and we pay $57.75 every three months - and then obviously more for yard waste, but I can't remember that offhand.
  • Yeah, they had to make up for the loss of their Elkhorn Business.... See if Stans comes out your way - we had them (pre annexation - now its free) and it was $11 a month.  I think the # is 359-2923
  • Stan is my uncle!  :c)  So you should try him!
    MARRIED
    05-20-2006

I feel so Blessed!!!

Here comes baby #3!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt157632.aspx[/img][/url]
  • According to our Environmental Engineers it is because of the increase cost to dump at the landfills. Depending upon which landfill the provider uses their cost have either already gone up or will go up within the next year.

• I just switched to Abe's since their prices were a lot cheaper....$44.25/3 mos and if you rent a trash can ($1.50/mo) then it's $48.75 which is way better than $69!
    Holly