Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: This guy is so stupid! LIP

• Holy shiit!

I about DIED when I saw the pictures. LMAO I love that he ran into three DIs. I also LOVE the knife hand they're giving him in the pictures. 

• All I see is a horizontal scroll bar. :(
  • Got it! Thanks!

That's crazy!

• Sorry!... ?Maybe it's because of my Mac? ?Lemme figure this one out..
  • got this over at Marineocs dot com.

quote:
    GySgt Ableman was keen enough to spot this ******-bag walking through the
    Reno Airport in full dress blues with gloves and cover on. He stopped him
    near the baggage claim and running into three Drill Instructors wasn't
    something this guy had anticipated. If any of you know Gy Ableman, this kid
    was lucky to leave with all his teeth intact.

From the get go, it was obvious this kid was not a Marine. He claimed to be
    a PFC (wearing LCpl chevrons) and could not explain what a PFC chevron
    looked like and then couldn't explain the NCO stripe on his trousers. He had
    a collar emblem in the middle of his barracks cover and his belt was
    sticking out. No ribbons or badges, his trousers were way too long, not to
    mention he had on Sketcher boots instead of dress shoes and a civilian belt.
    We found this out after we demanded that he take off the blouse and cover.

Turns out he bought the uniform from a surplus store and his dad is a
    retired Navy Chief. Reno is a super-pro military area and this guy was
    soaking in the atta-boys. Lot of posers out there, watch out!

Know any recruiters in the San Diego and Reno areas, send them a warning to
    watch out for this turd.

Wish I were there, haha. Big Grin
  • : ) thanks! ?This was too good not to share.
  • No problem. I'm still giggling over the knife hand and the last picture with the look on that d-bags face.
  • image Leah_Lou:

LMAO I love that he ran into three DIs.

I think that's my favorite part of the whole thing.  :)  Oh to be a fly on the wall in that airport to hear what they said while ripping him a new one! 

• image littleone918:
    image Leah_Lou:

LMAO I love that he ran into three DIs.

I think that's my favorite part of the whole thing.  :)  Oh to be a fly on the wall in that airport to hear what they said while ripping him a new one! 

I would have paid good money to see that. God, I wish there was a video... 

• Did you guys scroll down to see the "Army MSG" I started spotting things wrong with him within seconds b/c I'm familiar with that uniform. I may side eye a Marine but don't know enough to catch him. I should study that......

• Wow, really horrible. I don't understand why people would do that, I'm so glad he got caught.?
  • image ladystout:

Did you guys scroll down to see the "Army MSG" I started spotting things wrong with him within seconds b/c I'm familiar with that uniform. I may side eye a Marine but don't know enough to catch him. I should study that......

I saw the Army one, but the only thing I noticed right off the bat were his crooked ribbons and cover on indoors.

The kid pretending to be a Marine has a Lance Corporal chevron on his blouse and an NCO blood stripe on his trousers. lol You don't hit NCO until Corporal, which is after LCpl, just like the Army. Not to mention how long his belt was. lol

• image Leah_Lou:
    image ladystout:

Did you guys scroll down to see the "Army MSG" I started spotting things wrong with him within seconds b/c I'm familiar with that uniform. I may side eye a Marine but don't know enough to catch him. I should study that......

I saw the Army one, but the only thing I noticed right off the bat were his crooked ribbons and cover on indoors.

The kid pretending to be a Marine has a Lance Corporal chevron on his blouse and an NCO blood stripe on his trousers. lol You don't hit NCO until Corporal, which is after LCpl, just like the Army. Not to mention how long his belt was. lol

The belt and boots caught my eye. Those I noticed were off. As far as his Stripes and Chevrons, I can recognize the rank but didn't know about the Stripe on the pants.

The Army guy has his skill badges on the wrong side and his awards are out of order. The have a certain order of precedence. And his skill/combat badges make it look like he has 7 different MOS. He has a Combat Infantry Badge but a Combat Action Badge on the opposite side and all kinds of crap. Ugh.

If you go to page 2 they flame a guy for MUD! Haha! Even guys....Marines do it!

• I can't say much because I know nothing about the Marine Corps uniform, but I particularly like the sketchers boots :)
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/15np005.jpg[/IMG]

3/?
  • image ladystout:
    image Leah_Lou:
    image ladystout:

The belt and boots caught my eye. Those I noticed were off. As far as his Stripes and Chevrons, I can recognize the rank but didn't know about the Stripe on the pants.

The Army guy has his skill badges on the wrong side and his awards are out of order. The have a certain order of precedence. And his skill/combat badges make it look like he has 7 different MOS. He has a Combat Infantry Badge but a Combat Action Badge on the opposite side and all kinds of crap. Ugh.

If you go to page 2 they flame a guy for MUD! Haha! Even guys....Marines do it!

Ah. I didn't even notice the ribbons. I only know the order of precedence for the ones H has anyway. lol

• I would never notice something like that. Wow. Thats crazyness!
    [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/headae85/this-rabbit-takes-no-shit1.jpg[/IMG]
  • I could definitely tell with the boots and belt.  I'm still learning how to read rank for the Army.  Don't even ask me about Marines.  lol.
  • I got to have a little fun like that at a Toby Keith concert. Guy showed up in DCU's and was telling a bunch of girls he was home on R&R -- to bad the Army had switched to ACU's about 18 months prior.

I love the shot of GySgt givin' the kid the knife hand!!

Instant Karma anyone? A real Marine would NEVER disrespect the uniform that way and would know how to spot another Marine (oh and stand at Parade Rest).

WOW! Too bad they didn't get it on video...

• I would have loved to been at baggage claim that day!