Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

bar louie?

Has anyone been here?  I'd love feedback on the food and on whether it's toddler-appropriate...

My friend just e-mailed me and said she wasn't really up for either Italian or Mexican, so I'm scrambling to find a new place for dinner (where we can bring L).

Re: bar louie?

• I have been a handful of times.  I remember the food being good, but I also remember it being very loud (not people loud, the music and tvs were on full blast).  Like to the point where a conversation could not be held.  But maybe it was a game night or something...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh, ok.  Maybe not so great with the toddler then.  Darn!  Thanks!
  • LOVE Bar Louie. I have seen toddlers there a lot.
  • Now I'm conflicted.  ;)  Andrea, do you think it would be a colossal mistake to head in there at around 5:30-6 with DH, friend, and toddler?  Is it super loud?  If it is, DS won't eat because he'll want to party.  :)
  • Hmm. It might be loud since it is Friday. We had bookclub there once, and I seem to recall it being a little loud for that. Are you going to Stapleton or Westminster? Westminster has outdoor seating that is not loud at all.

If you are looking at the Promenade area Rock Bottom might be better. I like Bar Louie the food at Bar Louie more, but it is a similar type of food that might be more conducive to having L with you.

• We'd be going to Stapleton.  We need to get to a restaurant, have dinner, and be on the road again to DIA.  I'm thinking I could do pretty much anywhere in Stapleton, downtown (if there's parking - can't mess with parking and toddler and stroller), Cherry Creek, Congress Park/Park Hill, or inbetween. 
  • There is a Ted's Montana Grill on 40th closer to the airport. They have yummy food and are very toddler friendly. There is an Outback and an Applebee's in the same little business park, too.