Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My pet peeve for the day....

Everyday when I get into work, I have a yogurt. And everyday when I go to throw the top in the garbage, my garbage can has been moved from where I keep it to the other side of my desk by the cleaners. Seriously how hard is it to put it back where it was? Would they not notice everynight that I have moved back during the day. (and I realize their job isn't to make me happy, but it drives me up the wall)

Also - lately about 45 seconds after I put my mascara on in the AM I sneeze and end up with clown eyes. It's really annoying and happens very regularly no matter what time of day I put it on, and I've been using this same mascara for almost 15 years..

Let's hear yours!

Re: My pet peeve for the day....

• hmmm, a new pet peeve of mine is when people park really really close to my car and I can't get DD and her car seat in. Then I have to go in on the other side and crawl over the seats with a 20lb baby and an awkward car seat.

• My pet peeve lately has been with DH (which I have told him about) - on the back of the door in the bathroom we have a double hook, like a V. After DH has a shower, he puts his towel up over both hooks where mine is underneath. So...when I go to shower, my towel is damp and/or still wet! So annoying! Is it so hard to put it on one side of the V?!

I know dumb pet peeve, but it drives me nuts!

• People who go 5km under the speed limit and ride their brakes! It not that hard people, go ON the speed limit, I?m not asking you to speed but just go what is asked and oooo magic if you take your foot off the gas pedal [gasp] the car slows down!! Grrrrrr it seemed to be all around me this morning?

I swear I?d get out of the car and smack them if I could!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Oh and Sarah - I know you'll like this one of course it's no surprise considering our downtown adventure.

Cyclists in downtown T.O. when I'm driving. Sometimes I just want to roll down the window and give them a little nudge. That's illegal, right? 

• Joey folds clothes that he has just taken off and puts them on the back of the toilet. Why? I have no idea either.

Sarah - I used to always find the yogurt top from the day before stuck to the side of the garbage bag in the morning. 

• image Yvonne0721:

Oh and Sarah - I know you'll like this one of course it's no surprise considering our downtown adventure.

Cyclists in downtown T.O. when I'm driving. Sometimes I just want to roll down the window and give them a little nudge. That's illegal, right? 

It's only illegal if you get caught!

• DH and his shoes! He walks through the front door and takes them off before he even shuts the door and then leaves them there. No joke, there are 18 pairs of shoes in our entryway.... You literally have to step over them just to come inside. I used to pick them up all the time but got tired of it. We went for a walk last night and when we got back he said, "wow, there are a lot of shoes down here, eh?" Duh, you just now noticed?! It kills me to say this but he has way more shoes then me! Sad
  • In our entrance way there is a closet (for jackets, duh), and DH opens the closet and hangs his jacet OVER the door (like up on the corner).

WHY?

WHY?