Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Fall Party

I am in a fall and entertaining mood.  My house is super small and to have more than one couple over at a time gets tricky.  I would love to have a fall "gathering" when the weather is not too hot and not too cool...basiclly where people can mingle both inside and out.  Any ideas or sites I can check out?
and then there were 3...

Re: Fall Party

• You should definitely serve apple cider, chicken corn chowder, and warm casseroles because that says autumn to me. You could send invitations that are leaf shaped or pumpkin shaped to the guests. I have a thing with parties where I like to choose a scent for home so for the fall I would go with a cinnamon or spice smell. You could decorate with pumpkins, scarecrows, and hay.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • Fall is my absolute favorite season. There are so many things you can do! If you are looking to go casual, you can set up a smores bar and light a firepit (Target, Home Depot, etc. have them.) I fully agree that soups, chili, etc. are the way to go. When I think of fall, I think of enough chill at night to have a fire. Also, I agree with the pp, pumpkins, hay and even mums and fall colored daisies make for great decorations. I'm in Georgia so fall for us lasts about a second in October/November. Oh, and boiled peanuts are a must, too!
    Jennifer
  • I'm throwing one this year too and we are doing the same thing. Here are some of my ideas:

-LOTS of mums

-Pumpkins carves with "welcome" etc by the front door

-Boobing for apples in the back

-balls of carmel corn tied to ribon, hanging from back porch for the kiddies to jump up and grab

-bales of hay for ppl to sit on

-LARGE containers of cider (naughty and nice...spiked or not)

-fruit as centerpieces

blah, blah, blah...I have a billion ideas in my head haha.

• OH! And I'm doing a PIE BAR! lol. I am going to have like 8-10 differnt pies all lined up and ready to dig into!