Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Why have cells???

DH?s cell phone for some reason is turned off. I heard on the radio that there was a serious accident on a construction site on King St. and the street is closed down.

Now I know that there are many sites along King but DH is at one of them and I want to make sure he?s ok?But his phone is off!

WHY HAVE A PHONE IF IT?S GOING TO BE OFF????

For craps sake! I?m debating whether I should call the company?s head office and ask for information?it would be a hassle (since there isn?t a phone on site) unless I can track down the foreman?

Yesh?.maybe my brain waves will get to him and he?ll call me?! Tongue Tied

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
[/url]

Re: Why have cells???

• Lisa you just gave me a stomach ache. My DH also works on a site on King St and he left his stupid cell phone at home!

I'm sure the chances are slim that it's either of them, but I know how you feel and I'm thinking of you.

• CBLCBL member

I probably wouldn't call corporate.  If it was me, D would probably not appreciate me calling and seeming like the crazed wife. 

I think in these situations, as long as you have your cell ohone on or are near your desk and they have your emergency contact numbers, no news is good news.

• While I would be going out of my mind right now if I was either of you ladies, I have to agree with CBL.  If (God Forbid!!!) it was either of your DHs, you would be notified.  No news is good news.  But give your Hubbys He!! when they get home tonight! :)
  • I saw the accident on the news this morning and they said the injuries were not serious. It happened early (before 9AM) so if it was one of your husbands you would know about it.

Also, in regards to cellphones....it was a corporate requirement of ours (when I worked in the construction industry) that all personal cellphones be turned off when on the job. There are a lot of hazards on construction sites and having a phone on (and using it) is just plain dangerous. Also, you can not have one on if you are operating any sort of equipment. In addition there are some activities that a ringing cellphone could create a spark and an then explosion. Not worth it to have it on IMO. 

• image Jen&Joe06:

I saw the accident on the news this morning and they said the injuries were not serious. It happened early (before 9AM) so if it was one of your husbands you would know about it.

Thanks Jen! Thanks makes me feel a bit better...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Oh, I would definitely not be calling his foreman or shop. I am his emerg contact and I would assume that I would know. Every now and then I get scared about DH's job but I just have to have faith that he'll be okay.

• image All_Planned:
    image Jen&Joe06:

I saw the accident on the news this morning and they said the injuries were not serious. It happened early (before 9AM) so if it was one of your husbands you would know about it.

Thanks Jen! Thanks makes me feel a bit better...

It is a good opportunity to ask him about his companies procedures for contacting you if something does happen.

Joe was sent to the hospital via ambulance last month (not a work related injury but he was at work) and they didn't call me for a few hours. I got a call on the home VM (which doesn't help since I am at work) from his boss saying "call me back" several hours after Joe was already at the hospital. I got a call from the ER 2 hours after he had been taken there (he was out of it and couldn't provide them with my number so they finally found it in his cellphone). And then one of his coworkers decided to call me at work 2 hours later (didn't know my work number, just knew which company I work for and decided to call the switchboard).

Needless to say Joe was not impressed as the last thing he said to his boss was "call Jen".