D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

This May Be a Long Shot, But...

I am making a CD of family stories - sort of like a story corps project for my family - if you are familiar with that.

I would like to do some sort of reading at the beginning that talks about the value of family stories, of knowing where you come from, that kind of thing...

I don't know where to look.  I have tried geneology websites and general internet searches w/no luck.   Does anyone know of such a reading or where I could search for one?

Thanks!

Re: This May Be a Long Shot, But...

• Unless NPR has something along those lines, I don't have any other ideas right now, but I think this is a wonderful idea! Good luck!
    TTC since Mar. 2010; 6 IUIs 2011 = 2 CPs; BFP (conceived naturally) 12/9/11; m/c 1/7/11
  • Thanks Diana!

I think I have an idea of something I can do...but I am still open to suggestions...

• I'd take a look at some reference books on oral history - they may have something in the introduction or text that would be appropriate.  I know specifically of a book called Doing Oral History that I read in grad school, but I'm sure there are many others.
  • Thanks!  I will check that book out!
  • image cep1976:
    I'd take a look at some reference books on oral history - they may have something in the introduction or text that would be appropriate.  I know specifically of a book called Doing Oral History that I read in grad school, but I'm sure there are many others.

ditto.

• Sounds like a wonderful project.

Is it bad that I giggled at the title the pps mentioned? (Its been a long, short-week!)  Sounds like that book will be great!

If not, Red Envelope also sells a book called Story of a Lifetime. If you can get your hands on one, it looks like they have introductions for each section - maybe you would like what it says.

http://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/storyofalifetime-7551449?catid=ProductSearch