D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

where to get mint?

I need some for a recipe (the grape salad I posted below). I looked at Harris Teeter's herb section and they didn't have any. We used to have a nice patch of it in the backyard, but I guess it died because I went out there and can't find any! (which is weird, I thought nothing could kill mint!)

Re: where to get mint?

• shoppers?

I've def. got it at HT before, but they don't always have it.

• Whole foods should have it.
  • If Wegmans doesn't have it, I'll be a monkey's uncle!
  • try the asian grocery stores, they usually have a ton of different herbs and they're cheaper than HT, etc.  We use the Hmart on Lee Hwy in Falls Church all the time.
  • I always see mint at Giant.
  • I'd bet that any neighbors would be thrilled to share some Wink  I have more than enough if you're in the Van Dorn area :-)
  • Mojitos??  ; )

I find it at TJ's, Giant and Safeway.  It's in those little plastic packets in the produce section.

ETA: Oh, never mind.  I missed that it was for a real recipe.  I suppose I have mojitos on the mind.

• image Mrs.Shellfish:

Mojitos??  ; )

I find it at TJ's, Giant and Safeway.  It's in those little plastic packets in the produce section.

ETA: Oh, never mind.  I missed that it was for a real recipe.  I suppose I have mojitos on the mind.

I haven't had a mojito since before the boy was born...maybe if I have some left over I'll whip up a couple :-) Yummmmm!

Thanks everyone!

• Whole Foods has it. You can get  huge bunch of it and it isn't even that expensive.  Wegmans has it too....it is sold as a little plant.
  • my backyard.  we have a huge huge huge bush of it.  let me know and you can come pick a whole stalk and have it for weeks!