Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Can someone please explain to me....

What is going on around here?  I'm just logging on~have had almost no time to even lurk lately~and am trying to figure out why everyone's changing their names.

TIA

Re: Can someone please explain to me....

• image MRSNESK:

What is going on around here?  I'm just logging on~have had almost no time to even lurk lately~and am trying to figure out why everyone's changing their names.

TIA

Ditto

• People are scared about strangers having too much personal info about them. There have been numerous AE people around and then there was a post on the parenting board about a woman whose DH was contacted by another nestie. They were able to search for her and find her DH's work email.
    Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• I don't know the story with AJ (with the Incredibles chickie in her siggy) but Cyndi had some issues with privacy violations and nest stalkage turned FB abuse. That's as much as I know.
  • Word

I've been gone most of the day, I'm not hip to the drama and hooplah. Sad

• And what Robin said.
  • I remain elegantly clueless, as usual, to most of it - but I figure that whatever people need to do to feel secure and comfy is always a good thing.
    Potter the Wonder Doggie, and Todds_kid, Cooper :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Spirit of Power
    Eat, Drink, and be Keri
  • I had already been planning on changing my screenname since  my sn has my last name....then had some crazy fb nonesense happen last night. So i am not too worried about stalkers, etc just dont want my name out there anymore lol

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
  • Hmm....exactly what kind of strangers do we have around here?  This is all getting so bizzare. 
  • image MRSNESK:
    Hmm....exactly what kind of strangers do we have around here?  This is all getting so bizzare. 

This board is out in the wide open, completely insecure and unprotected. You don't even need a log in to view it, anyone can, so really, anyone can see what's said here.  It's kosher to practice caution and not say or publish anything you don't want the entire world knowing.

• It's hard to know. I am sure there are plenty of lurkers that we don't know about.
    Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• image todds_wife:
    I remain elegantly clueless, as usual, to most of it - but I figure that whatever people need to do to feel secure and comfy is always a good thing.

I totally agree, but I'm not on here enough to keep up with everyone's name changes~frustrating ;(

• I'm aware of the fact that it's a public board...just not getting the whole nest/FB thing.  Are these incidents related?  Or is it totally random that multiple regulars here are getting messed with?
  • For some people, they just wanted new SNs that they liked better or that didn't have their names in them. 

C ran into some issues with being stalked/harassed here & on FB. But that was after she changed her SN. I don't know if she's going to change it again or not? I'm still catching up on posts from today. :) 

"AJ" is a reg who changed her SN after a post crossed paths with her RL and wanted to lay low for awhile. She offered PM explanation to anybody who wanted to know what happened, but then got outed by an AE called thebigbad who caused various other drama. 

I think that pretty much summarizes most of it.  

ETA: On this board anyway. On the national and/or tri boards, there was a nestie whose DH got e-mailed about some of her posts and GBCN'd. Recently there was also a blog (by an ultra-conservative parent using some pretty wacky corporal punishment on a toddler) linked on multiple boards that led to some of the tri-ers apparently going nuts, posting some identifiable information such as the woman's location and reporting the woman to CPS, calling talk shows to try to get them interested in exposing her, etc. Pretty nuts all around.

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • I had been planning to change my name before all the wierdness started.  With DD getting older and not having the most common of names I was concerned having her name as my screenname.  I made mine easy with my real name in the screen name as a generic source.
  • Sadly, my life is so boring, I have no one to stalk me or who finds my life interesting.
    [IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • I didn't change mine for security reasons.  I was just tired of my old name. I'm considering changing it again though since I found out the guy I was dating was watching me on here and threw a temper tantrum about it and got all his friends to harass me on FB. One of them threatened me that she was joining here too so she could give me another peice of her mind.  Any inkling that she did and I'll come back with an annonymous name.  I don't need that kind of BS.

The pychos are just coming out of the woodwork this week.

• K, Cyn, that is ridiculous.  Is he going to start writing your name on the bathroom wall soon?  Or maybe have the kids gang up on you at the playground?

Women talk.  We shoot the breeze, we share information and perspectives, and we vent.  Nothing anyone can do about it, nothing anyone can do to change it, it happens - whether IRL and/or on a message board.  If you can't hang with the adults, go back to freakin' grade school.

Sorry - but I'm really miffed on your behalf.  I think anyone who comes on here with the intent of giving you a "piece of her mind" is in for a rude awakening.

Waiting for some innocuous creativity... I'll let you know.
  • image RoxBride:
    Sadly, my life is so boring, I have no one to stalk me or who finds my life interesting.

Oooo, I'll stalk you if you'd like, only to see cute bebe pictures though.  LOL Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker