Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BR I have a stubborn child already

so I went to my OB appointment expecting to hear the heartbeat and talk to the doc and thats it....then she started telling me about how she's trying to learn more about identifying more body parts on the ultrasounds (don't remember what she called it) and then she gets this big smile and goes "will you be my guinea pig?"  well duh!!! lol....

so we got to the ultrasound room and she starts playing around and one of the student techs came in and they were talking about the heart and pretty much spent 10 minutes finding every single part of the heart which was so cool and then they started looking for other things and found that she's head down (which explains why I feel like she's knocking down there trying to get out)....the whole time she had her hands up around her face and wasn't participating at all.....

so then they flipped it to 3D to try to get something (I have yet to get anything 3D because she will not cooperate at all!!!!) well......I saw a 3D hand and that was it....I think she actually flipped off the camera.....*sigh*....I can just tell how the next couple years are going to go......well..better luck next time.....

Re: BR I have a stubborn child already

• LoL Seriously our children are going to be the same way. My DH is extremely stubborn and so is his siblings. So I know that it will be a trait our children will inherit.
  • when my mom had me...I was 3 weeks late...they didn't know what I was because I kept my legs crossed the WHOLE time....she was in labor for over 20 hours and when my heart rate started to decelerate they did an emergency C-Section......I was not coming out of there......

now you see where this little woman gets it......on the plus side they did verify again that yes...she is a girl...and it was really cute because she had her ankle crossed across her leg all lady like

• This made me laugh.  Good Luck!
  • Haha. Aww.....I wonder who she gets that from Wink
  • hah yeah we are both going to be in trouble.  my little chicky has her head near my ribs on the upper right side (so this is all the "gallbladder and kidney pain" that they think i have) and was literally sitting with her feet stuck out in front of her last US on Monday.

3D US are freaky, i'm in the medical field and I don't even like looking at those.  I refuse to get one, but its awesome that  you were able to see so much with your regular US with the med student/MD. 

Maybe if you start being less stubborn now she'll pick it up before she's born..there's still time!!

• image jesspacatc:

hah yeah we are both going to be in trouble.  my little chicky has her head near my ribs on the upper right side (so this is all the "gallbladder and kidney pain" that they think i have) and was literally sitting with her feet stuck out in front of her last US on Monday.

3D US are freaky, i'm in the medical field and I don't even like looking at those.  I refuse to get one, but its awesome that  you were able to see so much with your regular US with the med student/MD. 

Maybe if you start being less stubborn now she'll pick it up before she's born..there's still time!!

hahaha good idea!