International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**Amoro**

I'm not too far from Rome! If you make it down hopefully I can take the train up there to meet you.
imageimage

Re: **Amoro**

• We'll definitely have to!  FI doesn't want to go in the summer though because it's too hot (boo).  I really, really want to make it to Pompeii and Herculaneum too!
  • Oh, I agree with your FI. Rome in the summer is so hot/muggy and it gets very crowded. The last two days in Rome with my friend who just visited are my last until after baby arrives. Just too difficult for me to manage. But when you do come down I can point you to websites to buy certain tickets in advance. Definitely beats standing in lines.

That's cool that you even know what Herculaneum is! We didn't know until moving here and people telling us what local sites were. If you are going to Pompeii then I'd recommend doing at least one town on the Amalfi Coast. There's a couple you can get to pretty directly instead of having to actually drive the coast road. Just so pretty there.

imageimage
  • Oh man do I know what they are!  I'm a history buff so I love that kind of thing.

We might try to do it in November or December (Rome).  I'd love to take a week and just go to the Amalfi coast and do lot's of sightseeing there.  I have a friend here who is getting married to a guy from Matera- I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the wedding IN Matera to give us an excuse to go south!