Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected].

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

what would you give?

Hi All.  I have been lurking on this board for a while and I must say its a fun board and have learnt a thing a two from the posts. I am fishing for ideas and thought of consulting you ladies.

Scenario: A few friends of mine are organising a couples get together.  The theme of the GTG is Appreciating your Man. We got the idea from Fire Proof and thought it would be cool to have a GTG under the theme.

We are keeping this as a surprise to our SO's/DH's. The catch is that each lady is supposed bring along a gift for her SO/DH to the party. The gift is supposed to match the theme.

Question: Ladies what gift would you give your SO/DH to show your appreciation for him? What is the most romantic gift you have ever given your SO/DH?

Thank you all in advance

Re: what would you give?

• My gift idea: a new game system with a couple of games

most romantic gift: a new game system with a couple of games

...is that sad?

• Gift certificates to his favorite ATV shop.  He's very particular about what he gets and I don't always have the slightest of what he may need or want.

I usually write him a card every so often and put it in his lunch box telling him how much I appreciate him.  

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt147797.aspx[/img][/url]
  • My husband would love something I personalized for him.  For example I got him a notebook that I wrote a few love notes in, that is by far his favorite present I have ever given him.

• Um well depends on what they're passionate about suggestions;

cooking-cookbook/spicerack/kitchen tools

vid games- accessories or a cleverly given card to the place of choice

for a more romantic themed gesture- give him lingerie (or a picture of you in it) that you'll be wearing -later- for him, or the option to pick out of a catalog that you give him. 

cutesy- cupon book of favors you'll do him (general chores to sexual favors) 

My guy sucks at buying himself clothes, he will wear a goodwill pair of khakis that are 2 sizes too big and 2 inches too short just because they're Dockers and they're not cargo pants. So for xmas I bought him a very classy updated outfit with dark jeans, a button down and a jacket and he feels more confident in it and he knows I think it makes him sexy so he appreciates it all around. Note-he also lost around 80lbs over the past 3 years so his fashion sense loss was not surprising.

• imagegaijin_princess:

My gift idea: a new game system with a couple of games

...is that sad?

Dear gaijin_princess, 

You're my new best friend. 

I know games are what my Fi and I would appreciate (I got a ds lite and FFIII for our last anniversary). Other ideas: DVDs of seasons of his favorite show that's no longer shown on television or a weekend getaway.

• DH has been obsessed with geocaching so I would probably set up a series of caches, each one leading to the next one, with the last one maybe leading him somewhere romantic.  Oh wait, it has to be given at the party.......I guess a video game since that's his other obsession!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tickets to a sporting event, Gift Certicate to his favorite restaurant and my most romantic was the coupon book to redeem for sexual favors but I don't know that i would give that at a party with other people.
  • imagewangaji:

Hi All.  I have been lurking on this board for a while and I must say its a fun board and have learnt a thing a two from the posts. I am fishing for ideas and thought of consulting you ladies.

Scenario: A few friends of mine are organising a couples get together.  The theme of the GTG is Appreciating your Man. We got the idea from Fire Proof and thought it would be cool to have a GTG under the theme.

We are keeping this as a surprise to our SO's/DH's. The catch is that each lady is supposed bring along a gift for her SO/DH to the party. The gift is supposed to match the theme.

Question: Ladies what gift would you give your SO/DH to show your appreciation for him? What is the most romantic gift you have ever given your SO/DH?

Thank you all in advance

My gift idea: Tickets to a show you know you both would love... or at least he would love since the gift is for him!

Most romantic gift: This is silly and kind of embarrassing... especially looking at it on the top of his shelves now... but our first Valentines Day together I got this little box from Hobby Lobby that was plain wood. I painted it and went hot glue gun crazy piling on all kinds of little beads, feathers, letters and phrases, etc. I incorporated pictures of us and even a scan from a book he gave me as a present. Inside the box was just a bunch of those sweetheart candies and pretty much nothing else... I don't know what I was thinking he would actually put in there!

• imagecherryblossom_bride:
    imagegaijin_princess:

My gift idea: a new game system with a couple of games

...is that sad?

Dear gaijin_princess, 

You're my new best friend. 

I know games are what my Fi and I would appreciate (I got a ds lite and FFIII for our last anniversary). Other ideas: DVDs of seasons of his favorite show that's no longer shown on television or a weekend getaway.

Good to know I'm not the only gamer chick around!!!