Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Is this silly?

DH and I are planning on TTC this summer.  We were going to start in July, but we are going on a wine tour in the Okanogan Valley the first week of August with DHs family, and I really want to be able to enjoy the tours - ie, drink the wine!  I also don't want the ILs to guess when we are only a few weeks along.

Is it silly to put off TTC for a month just for this?  FWIW, if I happened to get pregnant first cycle trying (unlikely, I know) I would be finding out ON the trip!

Re: Is this silly?

• Personally, I think that I would wait the extra month, but then again, my DD was conceived during a trip to Las Vegas with plenty of anniversary celebrating going on, so maybe I'm not the best person to answer your question.

When I found out I was pg, and mentioned the constant drinking during my trip, to my Dr, she said that there was most likely nothing to worry about b/c it was so early in the pg.  As proof, Lexi was born perfectly healthy:-)

• I don't think it is silly at all! The only one holding you to your TTC schedule is you. It shouldn't be an issue with anyone else. I would go and enjoy yourself.
  • I don't think it's silly to wait the month. I love me some wine!
  • It is a little unlikely that you'll get pg on the first try (but certainly not impossible!), I personally would start trying and go on the trip, but I was also of the mindframe that when we were trying I wasn't going to let it stop my life.

I too had a few nights of over indulgence when pg (and not knowing it), and my doctor was not even remotely concerned when I told her.