Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

People calling with the same name!

I just got a random phone call.  The person was asking for DH with the same name.  She wanted to know the year he was born and the last four numbers of his social security number.  She even asked for the wife's name, which is NOT my name.  But here are a couple of questions, if this happened to you, what would you do?  Would you confirm his birthday?  Would anyone even feel comfortable giving out the last four number's of his soc # ( I told the person, even if I knew it, i wouldn't have given it to them)? Has this ever happened to anyone else???  That was the strangest phone call ever!

Re: People calling with the same name!

• No, I wouldn't give her ANY info. I'd hang up.
  • sounds fishy! i would never give out mine or Fi's last 4 digits..weird!
  • When I told her that I wouldn't feel comfortable giving out the last four numbers, her response was- "well it's only the last four numbers?"  Like she was mad because I didn't give her the last four of his soc!  She kept going on about "verifying all the info."  I hung up with her saying that she was ridiculous!

I was doing some information about the phone number that I got the phone call from and found a great site: http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/5419557800.  I HIGHLY suggest people read about this phone number, so you know what to do or not to do!  They are a collection agency for student loans- so if you have any, this may be a great resource for you!

• I wouldn't have given any info either.
  • I got a call like that once- the gal said that (my name) had applied for a job with her company, and for security reasons she couldn't say what the job or company was unless I confirmed (name) was me by giving the last 4 numbers of my SSN. ?I just told her she had the wrong number without getting into any discussion about it- I knew I hadn't applied to any job that would require anything like that, and I thought it sounded sketchy in any event. ?
  • Years ago, I got a call for someone with  my name. It was the collections part of Discover Card, which I had never had. The woman was really pushy with me, clearly thought I was lying to get out of talking to collections. Obviously she just got my number from information since it was definitely not me. So maybe that's how they got your number--looked up your H's name and got the wrong guy.

I got angry at this woman's pushy attitude and reeled off my middle name and birth date and then she apologized and said she must have the wrong person.

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/rkd75g.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/23r1e34.jpg[/IMG]
  • When ever I call a credit card company they usually only ask for name, DOB and last 4 of SS#.  So no I would never give this info out or confirm it.  If they had this info they could easily access my accounts.

Also, I never give this type of information out to people who call me.  If I haven't called someone than I give out no info.  There is just about no way that you can verify who is actually calling you.

Also when you get a call from a legit company (such as a credit card companies fraud department) they will often suggest you call them back. It is one of the reasons they have switched to automated messages that ask you to call.  Because so many people are not comfortable talking when someone has called them.

•   No way would I give out that info! If she calls again, immediately say for them to take you off their calling list - if you say this they legally have to. Sounds like a scam. If they are legit they should already have that info anyway.

I got harassing calls from a place trying to extend my car warranty (which I still had factory warranty, car was brand new) and several people at my work got similar calls and they asked for personal info. I told them to remove me from their list and not to call back. a couple weeks later there was an article in the paper about fraudulent phone calls about warranties. You can never be too careful!

• image futureMrsRDB:

? No way would I give out that info! If she calls again, immediately say for them to take you off their calling list - if you say this they legally have to. Sounds like a scam. If they are legit they should already have that info anyway.

Ditto. There is absolutely no way I would have given that info out. Definitely sounds shady to me!?

• image LMS05:
    image futureMrsRDB:

No way would I give out that info! If she calls again, immediately say for them to take you off their calling list - if you say this they legally have to. Sounds like a scam. If they are legit they should already have that info anyway.

Ditto. There is absolutely no way I would have given that info out. Definitely sounds shady to me! 

I agree with this. No way would I give out FI or my personal information. I don't care if it's only the last 4 digits of our ssn's!