Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Protein shakes...

I want to start drinking them any reccomendations?

Re: Protein shakes...

• I've been getting them from GNC.  They're in a red bag, can't think of the name for the life of me right now.  The chocolate flavor is pretty good.  Two other guys at work take it and recommended it.  I've been taking it since Jan. and really like it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The kind from Sam's club that comes in a purple and silver BAG.  I can't think of the name of it, but it tastes pretty good.
  • I don't drink them frequently so I get the Designer Whey protein powder (usually chocolate) and mix it with milk and frozen fruit or a banana.  Designer Whey protein powder isn't cheap, but it's very tasty.
  • Why do you want to drink them? Do you not get enough protein in your diet?
  • I get plenty of protein in my diet, but i drink them after lifting weight.  I drink Whey Protein from GNC.  The one i have right now is cookie and cream flavored and i mix it with skim milk.
  • In my Magic Bullet Blender, I ground 1 tsp flax seeds. Then I take a measuring glass and add in 2 cubes of frozen almond milk, and pour in enough almond milk to equal 8oz. ?I add that to the Magic Bullet Blender mug along with 1/2 a frozen banana, and 1 scoop of vanilla EAS Protein Powder. ?Sometimes I also throw in frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, or frozen raspberries.

It's so delicious and easy! ?I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk because it has less calories than milk. ?Using frozen almond milk cubes, and frozen fruit, I don't need to use any regular ice.?

• I prefer Meal Replacement Shakes to whey protein shakes.  If you're looking for a MRS, I'd recommend Biotest's Metabolic Drive.  If you're looking for a pre-workout/during workout whey protein shake, I recommend Isopure.  If you're looking for the best post-lifting-workout shake, I recommend Biotest's Surge. 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • I use Myoplex Lite Protein Powder by EAS. I find the Vanilla and Strawberry flavors to be fairly tasty. I buy the packets and either use skim milk or water in a shaker to get some quick protein. I drink about one shake a day, usually in the late afternoon before I work out. I eat plenty of protein during the day as well, but I find it difficult to prepare that much fresh protein for my daily meals. I generally have egg whites for breakfast, some type of lean meat for dinner and lunch. I have to substitute wither with a shake or a meal replacement bar sometime during the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker