Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone live in Elkhorn?

We're thinking about focusing our home search on the Elkhorn area.  What should we know as we get started?  We'd like to stay under 180k and aren't opposed to building.  Thanks!

Re: Anyone live in Elkhorn?

• I do! :)

Do you want custom? If not Hearthstone has a new neighborhood out here, and there are plenty under the 180K mark that are semi-custom (or custom). Elkhorn has great schools, close to everything (5-10 min) atleast, what else do you want to know??  Feel free to email me kraziej01 @ cox .net

• Thanks.  We are very interested in those Hearthstone Homes communities.  Did you guys build out there, or did you buy a pre-existing home?
  • Yeah -- there are two actually. I forgot. One is across Maple St from us. I havent been thru there lately... not sure if they have models yet?? We bought. Were in Arbor Ridge on 208th & Maple. Our house was 3 yrs old when we bought it! Our taxes are pretty good out here too. But.. I am sure they will go up with the annexation. Do you have kids? I forget Im sorry!!  

The Hearthstone neighborhood up by the high school has filled really quickly! 

• Hey-

We will be moving out near elkhorn at the end of the month.  We looked a lot in Elkhorn and loved tons of homes.  The school district is great.  Good luck house hunting.  Eventhough it took us two years to find a house to build, house huning Is a blast!

MARRIED
    05-20-2006

I feel so Blessed!!!

Here comes baby #3!!

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt157632.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Thanks for the info!  DH sees building/buying in Elkhorn now paying off big in about 10 years or so.  We don't have kids yet, but I've heard their schools area great, so that is one attractive part. Really, the only downside is that DH works downtown and it would mean a longer commute, but he's willing to do that b/c he loves the area.  (Plus he thinks it means he'll get a new car first b/c he drives a gas guzzling SUV!)
  • Kelli - where are you moving to in E -town? Yeah, the schools are good - I am a product of them ;)

LDCtobe- the commute isnt bad... if you just take Dodge for the expressway. I am all over town for work, and I can get most (South O, North O ect) places in 20-25 min!