International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Susan Boyle Lost!

WTF?????!!!!!!!

Chronically hilarious - you'll split your stitches!
I wrote a book! Bucket list CHECK!

Re: Susan Boyle Lost!

• ....and I am *so* happy.  Diversity totally deserved to win!
    ?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • Diversity was really good!
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • Reality TV makes me want to slam my head against the wall. More so? The headlines it generates! OMG! Some guy named Nigel is homophobic! OMG! Susan Boyle is really talented, no she isn't, yes she is, she cussed at someone, no she didn't! OMG American Idol is fixed! No it isn't! Yes it is! It drives me up the wall.?

I'll stick to TV with actors and stuff :) And the Susan Boyle backlash makes me sick. Some older woman who isn't attractive has a very nice voice? I know, let's build her up and then cut her down in horrid ways. Was she out of this world amazing? No. Did she deserve to be ripped to shreds by the public just because people can't seem to handle just thinking well of a person? Um. No. Good lord, not everyone who is a tad overrated has to be stomped on people! Poor Susan has a very nice voice and probably wishes none of this ever happened.?

This obviously isn't directed at any of you, but I'm just really annoyed with... people in general lately. Its like the world can't handle "something in between." Maybe it isn't fair, but I especially associate this with the UK. They love building people up way to high, then tearing them way, way down. Reality TV just really fuels this with people like Jade and Susan. ?

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • *ahem* sorry, apparently this has been annoying me. Feel free to ignore my ranting :P

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • Sounds like you needed a vent ;-) No worries!

Reality TV gets on my nerves alot too...there is only so much we can take! Course, most of the time, the people it happens to want the fame, but in Susan's case, I think she was pretty innocent. 

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Yeah, I didn't follow anything in the media about the competition or her. This is the first "reality" show I've ever really watched or enjoyed - but the only reason I watched it was because I was so impressed and drawn in by her.

I would pay to see her in the west end anyday.

I think Diversity was good too, Susan Boyle got a record number of hits on youtube for a reason - I'm just completely shocked that she didn't win!

On another note though, I did like how she was genuinely happy for Diversity and was very classy toward them when they won. Not so much while she was doing her little dance, but that's part of her appeal!?

Chronically hilarious - you'll split your stitches!
    I wrote a book! Bucket list CHECK!
  • image snowyowl:

Reality TV makes me want to slam my head against the wall. More so? The headlines it generates! OMG! Some guy named Nigel is homophobic! OMG! Susan Boyle is really talented, no she isn't, yes she is, she cussed at someone, no she didn't! OMG American Idol is fixed! No it isn't! Yes it is! It drives me up the wall. 

I'll stick to TV with actors and stuff :) And the Susan Boyle backlash makes me sick. Some older woman who isn't attractive has a very nice voice? I know, let's build her up and then cut her down in horrid ways. Was she out of this world amazing? No. Did she deserve to be ripped to shreds by the public just because people can't seem to handle just thinking well of a person? Um. No. Good lord, not everyone who is a tad overrated has to be stomped on people! Poor Susan has a very nice voice and probably wishes none of this ever happened. 

This obviously isn't directed at any of you, but I'm just really annoyed with... people in general lately. Its like the world can't handle "something in between." Maybe it isn't fair, but I especially associate this with the UK. They love building people up way to high, then tearing them way, way down. Reality TV just really fuels this with people like Jade and Susan.  

OMG thank YOU! This is exactly how I perceive reality t.v. Who cares about whether Boyle had kissed a man, wait she didn't... well probably! I just wanted to listen to her singing and to be quite honest (with Melaina on this one) it wasn't as angelic as the media hyped it up to be. She was good but seriously, that much attention? This has nothing to do with her physically, she seems to be a lovely woman. Just a mere victim of the paps that love to build then destroy.

I am getting so weary of "reality" t.v. and all the "new" ideas they are concocting to make it more interesting, give it a rest!

Vacation
  • I really wanted Stavros Flatley to win. they were definitely the most entertaining for me.
  • image LoopyNoodle:
    I really wanted Stavros Flatley to win. they were definitely the most entertaining for me.

This. They were my pick as well. Diversity were fab, and worthy winners - they need more of a springboard, Susan will do just fine.

• Susan is reportedly in the Priory now for exhaustion.

She has learning disabilities and obviously (from flipping off a tv to ranting at police) was not coping with the attention well....

?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • image Melaina25:

Susan is reportedly in the Priory now for exhaustion.

She has learning disabilities and obviously (from flipping off a tv to ranting at police) was not coping with the attention well....

I'm glad she didn't win for these reasons. Much like the little girl who choked on Friday night. Nice people, but won't be able to handle the fame.

• She has an amazing voice and I wouldnt feel too bad for her - she'll make $$$millions from this experience.  Whatever happened to the little Welsh boy?  He had an amazing voice also.