Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Annoyed...

SO maybe I am just being hormonal... but have your hubs helped around the house while you were preggo?  I am tired and haven't been able to keep up with things the way that I usually like to...  He hasn't stepped up at all... In fact, he bought me a lawn mower so that I could help mow when he doesn't have time... 

Do I have a right to be pissy here?  Or am I just being a moody b!t(h?  How did you guys get your other half to help you when you needed it?

Usually the hubs is a very nice considerate guy... but I don't know how to get this across to him...

Re: Annoyed...

• njh514njh514 member
    You have to tell him and KEEP telling him that you need help. Make sure if he does do something extra that you thank him. You sometimes have to treat him like a child and darn near overpraise the stuff he does. He probably has no clue what you're feeling like right now and can't really understand it because it's not like he can see that you're pregnant. You just have to sit him down and say, "I'm so sorry but I NEED HELP!" Pregnancy is certainly not for wimps, that's for sure.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yea.. not for whimps is for damn sure... It just never seemed so difficult for anyone... The emotions are a lil nuts right now...
  • You should definitely talk to him. He may not realize that it irritated you. And pregnancy or not, he should be helping around the house!! (DH and I just got done having that "conversation" last week)
    Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I think you need to talk to him about it. He should be helping, especially while you are in your first and last trimesters (when you are/will most likely be the most tired).

I have been pretty lucky---DH has always been pretty helpful around the house. When I got pg with Maren, I was diagnosed with hyperemisis and ended up in the hospital for IV fluids to help keep me hydrated. He had no choice but to help around the house as I had no energy to get off the couch for the first 4 months.

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09