Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Date night ideas

So my DH and I need a good ol date night.  We have been lacking in the romance department lately so I think it is high time we liven it up. I need some ideas or places to go.  We were going to do dinner and a movie but that is so typical.  I am not looking for anything really fancy but just a little different. I live out in the south east valley and would like to stay out on this side of town.  Thanks for you input!

Re: Date night ideas

• I live in the South East Valley too, here's what we usually do:

* Dinner & watching a baseball game at Buffalo Wild Wings-- we're big A's fans, and can't watch most games at home, so we go there and have a lot of fun

* Diamondback games

* Cosmo Bowling @ Brunswick Zone (Gilbert & Elliot, I think)

* Dinner at Tempe Marketplace, then walk around the mall (sometimes there is a band playing and some of the restaurants have live music)

* We have an old truck (in siggie), so we go to a lot of car shows, they're still cool even if you don't have a car---- Friday night @ Fulton Ranch (Arizona Ave & Ocotillo), Saturday @ Scottsdale Pavilions (101 & Indian Bend), last Sat. of the month there is a cruise in Mesa on Main St.

* Dinner and live music at San Tan Brewery

* Live Blues @ the Rhthym room (Camelback & 51-- kinda far, but the music is totally worth it)

As you can see, a lot of our dates revolve around food and music, LOL!  But we also like mini golf, pool, checking out new restaurants, concerts........

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those are some great ideas!  Thanks. 
  • The RailRoad Park at Indian Bend and Scottsdale Road has free concerts every Sunday night during the summer. It's really laid back, you bring your own blanket or lawn chairs, food, and the rest is free! It's very pet and family friendly, and I just like the whole good-ole-clean-fun atmosphere. I think they start around 7:00 or 7:30, but you need to get there earlier to get good seats.

Other than that, it sounds like we mostly just do the same stuff you do!

• We like to go to the zoo every now and then off of Galvin Parkway/Papago Park.  Yes it's getting hotter now, but in the morning it's really nice.  Not only are zoo's fun, but you are also outside and can enjoy the fresh air.

You had said that you wanted to stay out in the east valley, but if you are willing to drive a ways, you could take a day trip up to Sedona or down to Tombstone.