Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

critique my menu ? Father?s Day BBQ

I know it?s a month away but I wanted to go ahead and get the menu set for our Father?s Day BBQ. It?s for mine and DH?s family ? 13 people total only 2 kids, ages 12 & 13

Veggie Tray
Spinach Dip
Assorted Cheese with Crackers

Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
Potato Salad
Garden Salad
Corn on the Cob

Strawberry Shortcake (I?m just making a few angel food cakes and serving it with freshly whipped cream and fresh, sliced strawberries)

DH?s special Father?s Day Brew (he?s been brewing his own beer since Christmas), white wine, sweet tea, lemonade and water for beverages

I am thinking of just doing a fruit salad and spinach dip (with crackers) for the apps ? any ideas are greatly appreciated!

TIA :)

Re: critique my menu ? Father?s Day BBQ

• Sounds great to me.
  • Yup, sounds awesome to me.  Mmm, I LOVE strawberries/whipped cream on angel food cake.  What kind of dressing on the salad??  Or offering a couple kinds??  One of my favs (from foodnetwork.com), I dump in some juice from the peppers too b/c I like it thinner -

1 cup chopped roasted red peppers (from jar)

1/4 cup fresh basil leaves

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a blender, combine roasted red peppers, basil, oil, vinegar, salt, and ground pepper. Puree until smooth.

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• That actually looks really great!!  You could do grilled veggie kebabs (zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onion, etc) only if you wanted to add something else that's really easy.
  • You could just do watermelon cubes or a watermelon salad if you don't want to do a full fruit salad
  • Looks good to me.  With the strawberry shortcake I don't think you really need a fruit salad though.
  • Let's put it this way- can I come?  Yum!