Inland Empire Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Are you freak?

Inspired by my morning radio show, what is your freakout? Like do you have to have all the money in your wallet in order facing the same way? Or you won't eat your meal if your cold food touched your hot food?

How about DH? what is he a freak about?

Re: Are you freak?

• mine are-I can't have my syrup touching my pancakes (it has to stay in it's own puddle away from the other foods so that I can dip)

If I am writing a note to myself (shopping list,to do list,etc) and I make a mistake I won't cross it out, I have to start a whole new list.

When DH mows the lawn instead doing a strip turning the mower and going back down, he will drag the lawnmower backward and then moved it over and then do the next strip. And he is a bathroom freak, if he is going #2 he hates for us to be on the same side of the house. When we lived on a 2 story he would go to which ever floor we weren't on.

• Speaking of hot and cold food... I won't eat lettuce & tomato on a burger if it's hot. The burger should be hot, but the produce shouldn't be.
  • Hmmm..If we buy a new milk I can't/won't use the old one even if it's only a day older.

I can't have anyone else do my laundry. To me it's just such a personal thing. I'm seriously freaky about this.

Drawing a blank right now but I know there is more.

• I'm a bathroom freak too. I'll leave it at that.  Also I'm a food texturist. I can't stand jello, pudding or yogurt because of the texture. Hmm what else?

Dave is a freak about being in the car with other people driving. He does the passanger braking thing. Drives me nuts. Oh and! My favorite. He eats his burgers and sandwiches in a circle, like he eats the edges first and goes around until it's gone.

• The sound of paper ripping makes me want to pull my hair out.

I don't like my food touching, at all.

I don't eat ANY dressings/sauces/condiments of any kind...except ketchup, and terriyaki sauce. It's really bad.

I know there are many many more, but I am stumped for now.

• image JENNB1101:

He eats his burgers and sandwiches in a circle, like he eats the edges first and goes around until it's gone.

I sort of do this. I eat the crust/edges off of things first and then eat the center. I don't like the crust that much.

• I am less freaky about things then I used to be. I throw things away a lot b/c I hate clutter. Everything has it's place with me. Even if it's a random stupid place, it has it's place and I know where it is.  I don't think I have any food ones. I pretty much eat whatever. I am just anal retentive. Oddly organized.

• Too many things to list. I am a big huge freak.
  • I just said bless you to my deaf dog when he sneezed. That's a little freaky right. Or at least pointless.
  • I tell my dog bless you all time. I'm anal about when people touch him too. He has to be sitting or laying down for other people to pet him. I freak out on people who don't follow the rules, but that's more for dog obedience than anything
  • image G_Lo2be:
    I just said bless you to my deaf dog when he sneezed. That's a little freaky right. Or at least pointless.

That's just funny.

• image G_Lo2be:
    I just said bless you to my deaf dog when he sneezed. That's a little freaky right. Or at least pointless.

We had an older, deaf pit bull we rescued off the street and I talked to her all the time. But we always tried to pair it w/ touch or hand signals, or stomping on the ground so she'd feel the vibrations. It's hard to be silent when you're used to talking to animals.

• This is just a random observation I had-Some of my friends thought it was weird that I talk to my baby when I'm pregnant (I know they can hear us) but then I realize for the most part the same people who think it's weird to talk to your belly think it's weird to talk to your dogs like people.

I have always had coversations with all my pets.

• I talk to both my plants and my fish, I even have a good morning song I sing to them, it just puts us all in a better mood.

Obviously, I am a freak on many levels. H is not really a freak about anything.

Everything I have is arranged my size (make up, items in the bathroom, etc.) If they are the same size, I arrange them by color, light to dark.

I color coordinate my closet. I know the second anything is out of place. H is afraid to put away the laundry.

I am meticulous about the way my house is cleaned. It borders on the way a meth addict cleans during a drug binge.

I could go on and on, but I am afraid I will scare everyone.

• I can't stand me feet being dirty. I've been known to wash them in public bathrooms. It just feels so disgusting, and them being really dry. I like clean moisturized feet. I can't even sleep if they feel nasty.

H is wierd about food. He will not eat a bite until everything is on the plate and ready to go, even on Thanksgiving when it takes a while for everything to get around. He is also really wierd about leftovers, thinks its bad after a day.

We both meow at the cats, he does it randomly and in front of people lately.

• image mrs.landeros:

I talk to both my plants and my fish, I even have a good morning song I sing to them, it just puts us all in a better mood.

I hear this is really good for plants!

I color coordinate my closet. I know the second anything is out of place. H is afraid to put away the laundry. I do the same thing. I arrange H's side of the closet that way too.

• Becki- I can't stand dirty feet either. I can't sleep without clean feet.

• I try to coordinate H's side, but he never keeps it up.

Luckily, he uses the closet in the extra room, so I rarely have to see his disorganization.

• I put h's clothes away or else it wouldn't be kept up either. I banned him from all laundry duties b/c he ruined a load of my clothes once. He really took it to heart b/c he hates laundry so much. (it was probably 5 years ago)