Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone with PCOS?

I've seen the acronym on the boards for awhile, but never really paid much attention to the posts. Unfortunately, I am now suspected to have PCOS. My blood work showed elevated hormone levels and I am waiting for a call from my dr to determine the treatment/referrals. 

Could you share your experiences, etc regarding diagnosis?  TIA.

Re: Anyone with PCOS?

• I was diagnosed when I was trying to get pregnant. I had always had really messed cycles unless I was on the pill. I used clomid and metformin to get pregnant with boy/girl twins who are now 17 months old! I am back on the pill and it regulates my cycles. There are a lot of girls on the TTC board with PCOS that will have more info.
  • I was diagnosed at 16.  The doctor could tell by looking at me, combined with irregular cycles.  I was first diagnosed with blood work and put on BC.  I'm 25 now and had an ultrasound last year that showed the "string of pearls."  I've been on BC for years, but recently added Metformin because soon we will be TTC.

I have acne, excessive facial hair, weight issues, and cysts on my ovaries.  Most of the symptoms are  kept in check on BC.  You also may want to look into beginning a low GI diet.  This book was pretty helpful if you want to check it out.  HTH!

http://www.amazon.com/Patients-Guide-PCOS-Understanding-Reversing-Polycystic/dp/0805078282

TTC with PCOS and long cycles, 2000mg Metformin BFP # 1 - July 2009, c/p BFP # 2 - October 2009, Jackson born 06/05/2010 BFP # 3 - October 2012, baby #2 due 06/11/2013 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jackson's going to be a big brother! BabyFruit Ticker