Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

kayash

I saw your response on the exchange thing about an Amish store in IL, where at? I'm in the nw burbs (thinking woodfield...) and I had no clue there was an Amish anything in IL. So now you got my curiosity peaked...
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: kayash

• I'm in Central IL and there's a big community of Amish in Arthur. Which is like 2.5 to 3 hours south of Chicago on I-57.
    imageVisit The Nest! image
  • Very intresting. I have no clue where Arthur is. How far would it be from like Bloomington area?
  • Oh it's not bad from Bloomington, like a little over an hour to an hour and a half probably. Do you know where Champaign is? Where the University of IL is? That's where I work and Arthur is like 35 or 40 minutes from there.

It's a neat area. There are a couple of Amish food stores which my parents and I love, some different Amish furniture stores, I think there's a museum or something but I've never been, and then there's this place called Rockhome Gardens which is an old Amish themed park, it's pretty neat.

imageVisit The Nest! image
  • Awesome. Thanks. I have family in Bloomington, and we are going to spend the weekend with them at the end of the month, so I may have to bribe dh to go with me.  We don't get down that way that often, since they are up here a lot.  Yup, I know where Uof I is.  One of my cousins went to Eureka, the rest went to ISU so I know a tiny bit about the area, but not a whole lot.  Thanks!