Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

****Velocitygrl***

Hey B~ How's your father?  I hope he's taking good care of himself. 
If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable - each segment distinct. ~Letty Cottin Pogrebin
Married Bio

Re: ****Velocitygrl***

• Aw... thanks D.  He is doing ok.  He is exercising...which if you know him is amazing. I think he is having a hard time adjusting to the new diet.

Unfortunately his mom (my grandmother) has also been in the hospital for surgery.   We just can't win for losing this year.

How are you?  Congrats on the cheerleader!  Did you decide what to do about tickets for Wicked?

Anyway- you're too sweet.

• Ah, I'm not that sweet, but thanks.  I have a real soft spot for Daddy's since I lost mine 10 years ago.  I really miss him and hate when my friends' parents are not doing well, probably just hits close to home if ykwim.  I am sooo glad to hear he's exercising, good for him!  My prayers will continue for his health and I'll add your grandmother to them as well.

We have our first parent/cheer meeting next week.  DD says they got the cost down a few hundred so that will be great news.  She wants me to be a "cheer parent".   gah!  I'm sure I'll do it. ;)

I really want to take C to Wicked, but am going to discuss it w/ her first.  That's alot of mulah for one night and when you're going to be 11yo you may want something else for $80+, right?

So how are things on your homefront?  How's the furbaby? 

If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable - each segment distinct. ~Letty Cottin Pogrebin
    Married Bio
  • I'm glad they were able to get the costs down on cheerleading.  I think you're smart to talk to C about Wicked.  I have been listening to it on Audiobook, and I'm having trouble getting into it.  I've heard the musical is much different, though.

Things are good at home.  DH is great.  I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.  AJ (the dog) is great too.  I love having a dog again.  My previous dog died a few years ago, and I've really missed it, but when I was in school it just wasn't practical or responsible to get another dog.

How is your (new) job going?  How is your DH? I know you were having a tough time earlier with your daughter...I hope that that is getting better. 

• I love dogs and animals in general but just don't really enjoy having pets.  I felt stressed not getting home until 8pm tonight and knowing Max needed food and Jasmine would probably have left me a mess to clean up.  I think I'll be happy with pets in my retirement, lol!

I love my new job so much I just think I should get paid about $5 more per hr. than I do.  I need to figure out how to get a good raise when I have my review.  Things w/ the dd are much better, just a teen bump in the road and when at the time it seemed to be so awful, it could be worse.  I cut back at Kohl's a bit and with that and the new cheer thing, I think she'll get back into focus with school etc.

Good luck with figuring out the rest of your life!  I'm 42 and have so many things I want to do/accomplish now, I'll never fit them in! :)

Have a great weekend!  I'm off to bed!

Married Bio