International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Not that I'm complaining

but DH just sent me a BBC article about how this summer is supposed to be amazing in the UK and how the last two summers were two of the wettest on record. The two that I spent there of course. I wish we'd had better weather when I was there - I bet it would have been a totally different experience. Too bad we won't get to visit this summer - I've never been to visit his family when it wasn't raining.

Re: Not that I'm complaining

• See, I actually enjoyed the last 2 summers in the UK and wish it would be cool like that here! I am not looking forward to the heat here this summer at all!

Are you guys thinking of moving back someday still?

DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • I hear you it would have been nice for the two summers that I lived there to be nicer but it happens.  I am enjoying the nice weather though that we have been having here!
  • Oh man - I love the heat. I mean int he 80's is pretty perfect. Up into the 90's and 100's I don't like but those are  not the norm here for summer. More likely high 80's and low 90's. It only gets up into the 100's once in a while. What I didn't like about the weather there was the rain really.

We do still talk about it often and look at houses but realistically we'd move to NI and not England. We've just decided there is no point not being near family at this point. And now my only real hesitation about moving is that Bruce is absolutely in LOVE with my dad. I mean it is out of control. When we go visit them he just follows him around like a puppy and they spend days on end together, Bruce wanting nothing to do with anyone else at all unless he wants to nurse and then he comes to find me before it is straight back to my dad.

• well that's brightened up my day a bit! The past 2 summers weren't great but I still loved them... Brits just appreciate any sunshine and warmth so much more than Floridians (obviously!).

At the moment its pretty grey and gloomy though....

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8026668.stm

Here's the link to the article in case you're interested Laurimi. I agree - when you live without sunshine and warm weather for so long you definitely appreciate it more. I think I appreciate this weather a million times more than I normally would since I'm getting it after two years in the UK and then a bad winter here. 

• I like my summers warm to hot.  I don't even mind the humidity as long as I don't have to wear a jacket or sweater at night.  My limit is 100 degrees or over though.

I was in London last summer and it made me miss summer at home so much!  For me, it was too cold to be walking around in shorts and a tank top.  The rainy weather doesn't help either.  I am better prepared for this summer clothes-wise.

London reminds me of San Francisco weather.  I lived there for half a year and the news channel there reported a heat wave but it was like 80 degrees.  People break out the shorts when it hits 65 degrees.  I need another 15 degrees before doing that.

• I haven't readt the article yet, but asumme it would say something similar for Ireland...and all I can say is that I don't trust any weather predictions like that until I see them first hand! 

I hate the gloomy cloudage chill here so much- that I would put up with 100 degree temps for anything, as long as it was sunny and hot!

• image newporter:

I haven't readt the article yet, but asumme it would say something similar for Ireland...and all I can say is that I don't trust any weather predictions like that until I see them first hand!?

I hate the gloomy cloudage chill?here so much- that I would put up with 100 degree temps for anything, as long as it was sunny and hot!

Ditto this!?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first part summer I was here was the last good one - it was sunny and warm to almost too hot.  They had a hose ban at that point as there hadn't been enough rain (can you believe it?)  Then the next three were horrible compared - rainy, cold or overcast most of the summer.  I'd be happy if it was just sunny more often than not, even if it wasn't hot.  I totally prefer 70s and 80s anyway - just want SUN this summer!

• image MTS13:
    image newporter:

I haven't readt the article yet, but asumme it would say something similar for Ireland...and all I can say is that I don't trust any weather predictions like that until I see them first hand! 

I hate the gloomy cloudage chill here so much- that I would put up with 100 degree temps for anything, as long as it was sunny and hot!

Ditto this! 

Double ditto! Been here 8 years - long enough to NEVER trust a forecast :)

• yea I had 5 AWESOME summers in the UK - then the last one before I left we had like 2 weeks of SUN bleh:( I was SO SO disappointed
  • Can I say I actually missed the NL version of summer (cool, kinda wet, but interspersed with nice days) this year? We had summer there before we moved, but summer here in Oz was dreadful: dry, hot and humid. I am so not looking forward to the rest of our summers here if that's the standard. I'm terrible in hot weather, so I would much rather have a 'sweater summer' than a 'naked-because-it's-too-freaking-hot-to-get-dressed' summer.