Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My coworker just called me fat :(

So I know I am in that awkward phase where I don't really look pg but I don't look like I normally do, but I wasn't expecting to be told I look fat today. 

I actually put in some effort today and work a really cute wrap dress and tall boots and it is the first day in weeks where I actually feel cute.  From the front I don't look pg and I (amazingly) still have a waist.  From the side, I actually have a tiny cute little bump.  I haven't gained any weight yet (I am actually still down 4 lbs from pre-pg weight).

Normally this coworker tells me how big my bump is and that she thinks I am showing early (no one else thinks this).  So today I see her and she tells me that she doesn't like my dress because it doesn't make me look pg it just makes me look fat.

My response?  I gave her the finger and walked away.

Also, she looks like Halle Berry.  So that helps.

Re: My coworker just called me fat :(

• Why don't people understand if you have nothing nice to say, just say nothing?

I'm jealous that you still have your waist!  I haven't gained anything either, but have lost the waist I once I had - or it's not as noticeable anymore!

I'm sure you look very cute!

• Ugh, that's so uncalled for.  I do love your response though.  I'm sure you look fabulous and she's just jealous of your cute bump!
  • CBLCBL member
    That calls for a throat punch.  I'm sure you look great!!
  • WTF, who the heck says something like that to a pg girl? I would have punched her in the face. I am sure you look very cute!!! I don't know why people feel the need to offer such comments.

Ok, I seriously can't believe you are still down 4lbs!! I am already up 8.5 lbs from my pre pg weight. I am jealous!

• That is so rude. Why is it that people think that it is ok to make comments like that to pg people. I especially love the "how much weight have you gained?" or my most recent favorite "are you packing on the pounds?"
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • totally uncalled for, I would have karate chopped her to the treachea, people just seem to have all the comments in the world when it comes toa pregnant lady! I bet you looked adorable.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • I would have told her she looks and sounds like a b!tch.  What a terrible thing for her to say!  I sincerely doubt you look fat. 
  • Thanks girls, you make me feel much better.  If I had a camera with me I would take a picture to show you.  That is how confident I am/was in how cute I look today.  I was strutting around the house for Curtis this morning because I felt good about myself and then I get to work and she makes me feel like poop.

imageOnCloud999:

Ok, I seriously can't believe you are still down 4lbs!! I am already up 8.5 lbs from my pre pg weight. I am jealous!

I am not quite sure how I am still down.  I seemed to drop 6 lbs right after finding out and just recently started to put some of it back on. 

• What a stupid b1tch!  Good for you for giving her the finger.  I don't think I'd have the balls for that.
    Read my blog!
    Mom, why are you washing my feed in the sink?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Argh people make me so angry, obviosuly she has no children and doesn't understand how hurtful a comment like that can be to an already emotional pregnant woman.  My co-workers are super and always tell me I look great and that I am rocking the pregnancy look no matter how awful I feel, you should come work with me!
    Proud Mama to two sweet kiddos.
  • Seriously? OMG how incredibly rude of her. What a biatch.
  • PG or not ? you don?t tell another girl that she looks fat when you look like [in your words] Halle Berry! Or you don?t tell another girl that she looks fat ? Period! BUT especially when you?re PG?

Good for you for telling her where to go!

The sad thing I can hear her now ?geezzee, I was just trying to help, moody much?? aaaaannndddd then like PP said a punch to the throat!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10766;94/st/20100202/n/Mia+Rose/dt/6/k/0005/age.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Obviously she is a lame-bot. I like your reaction Katie!!!!
  • I woulda punched her right in the babymaker...
  • EW WHATABITCH.

Her comment sucks. I don't like this Halle Berry wannabe very much right now.

I like your response AND I bet you look beautiful.

• effing cow.

GRRRR