Canada Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Why I wish I lived in Calgary

Sunshine still has so much snow!!!!!!!!!!! *jealous*

I only went snowboarding once this season!!!! at Blue "Mountain" where the double black diamonds are like blue, or maybe an easy regular black at Sunshine/Louise!!

That is all.?

http://www.skibanff.com/conditions/snow_report.php??

Re: Why I wish I lived in Calgary

• Yeah - Ontario skiing, is just nothing like out west.

• I wish I lived in Calgary because there are WAY more people there who like country music Smile
  • imagetriple777:
    I wish I lived in Calgary because there are WAY more people there who like country music Smile

OMG this is hilarious! AND true! When I was driving from Calgary to Edmonton, I was looking for a good radio station, and I'd say 80% were country! 

• imageKateMcG:

imagetriple777:
    I wish I lived in Calgary because there are WAY more people there who like country music Smile

OMG this is hilarious! AND true! When I was driving from Calgary to Edmonton, I was looking for a good radio station, and I'd say 80% were country! 

See!!! There are only 2 here. And I can rarely get both to come in clearly. If I lived out west I bet I'd have a WAY bigger selection.

Also, way more artists do concerts there. It's really win win. 

• Hey, I'll trade with you....I'd go live in Ontario instead! At least you guys don't miss out on things like concerts and stuff. I'd rather be near some kind of civilization and not feel so isolated!!! But, hey, I'm not a skier so there is nothing to do here! LOL!
  • imagecalgary_wife:
    Hey, I'll trade with you....I'd go live in Ontario instead! At least you guys don't miss out on things like concerts and stuff. I'd rather be near some kind of civilization and not feel so isolated!!! But, hey, I'm not a skier so there is nothing to do here! LOL!

not to be rude, but as far as i know Calgary has over 1 million people living in it... not to sure what you mean by needing civilization?

• imageamies:

imagecalgary_wife:
    Hey, I'll trade with you....I'd go live in Ontario instead! At least you guys don't miss out on things like concerts and stuff. I'd rather be near some kind of civilization and not feel so isolated!!! But, hey, I'm not a skier so there is nothing to do here! LOL!

not to be rude, but as far as i know Calgary has over 1 million people living in it... not to sure what you mean by needing civilization?

it's a well-known fact that calgary_wife depises Calgary.  We are a littered city with trash flying everywhere and people with money who don't know how to drive their big SUVs. 

• sorry no Calgary bashing allowed :)

Although I did live there when the population was closer to 800,000, man that city grew so fast!

• Hey! I grew up in Calgary and I LOVE that city. I used to call it "the biggest little town in the world" when I was growing up because it was a world class city (thanks to the Olympics & the Stampede etc) but still so friendly.

It is a very different city now but I don't think in a bad way (I moved to TO ten years ago) and I know for a fact that it is quite civilized. There's something for everyone - arts, sports, culture, shopping (not as much as say TO but still lots of choices), good food, great neighbourhoods etc.

?

But don't take my word for it. Here is what Maclean's had to say last year (see the stats by going to the link below):

?http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/article.jsp?content=20080828_165514_33852

?

Canada's most cultured cities

Aug 28, 2008 |?4:55 pm EST

Better known for its raucous stampede than its theaters and museums, Calgary often finds its culture disparaged by other Canadians. Yet Calgarians, it turns out, are the most cultured people in the country. When you combine the percentage of households who spend money to attend museums with those who spend to attend the live performing arts, Calgary comes out on top, while Toronto and Montreal both languish way down the list.

Attending museums and performing arts events is important, says the Canadian Council on Learning, because "recent research suggests that engagement with cultural activities bolsters self-confidence, boosts self-esteem, and enhances creativity and communication skills."?

?

?

• We have so much in common Tuscana! Did you go to high school in Calgary? I moved out here in 2000 to go to University, and fell in love with the man of my dreams ;)

I love all the festivals in Calgary, my parents always seem to be going to something at Princess Island Park / Eau Claire / Kensington.

p.s. congrats on your exam, I'm so jealous you got the results so quick! I won't find out until mid-June!!