Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Slow antidote

Share something here that inspires you.  A photo, link, story, name of a person... whatever.  Let's get energized and keep our brains (and hearts/soul/spsyches) moving!
Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki

Re: Slow antidote

• The girls here who have their own businesses inspire me.  I would love to find a talent that I could market on my own and be my own boss.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • "I want to do to you what Spring does to cherry trees."

Pablo Neruda (a poet from Chile) said this.  It could be so many things, though with Neruda it was most likely intended sexually.  I'm going to try this line on Jim.

• Here's a quote I like, for life in general:

"Wherever you are, be there totally.  If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally." - Eckhart Tolle

When I am running and having a rough run I think:

"Pain is temporary, quitting is forever."

• I will probably sounds like a sap but here it goes. My grandfather inspires me and is my hero. He came from a middle class family and went into the military and then worked the lines of IBM to become a CEO for them and other companies. He has always put his family first and is there for you no matter what and money means nothing to him. He has the strength and courage that I wish I had. Also we had a customer who just won 250,000 on the lottery. And they inspired me a little bit. Him and his family have been down on luck the last few years, credit counseling, almost losing their house, etc. Well when they won, they paid off their debt, their cars, and their house and gave money to their kids for college. And he just bought a truck and it's a 1997 - they are good people.
  • The photo: Pelosi, Obama, statue of ?, woman in Green?, Clinton
  • I don't know who the woman in green is, but it was yesterday dedicating the Sojourner Truth statue at Emancipation hall. I'm not going to make any friends by saying this, but they are three of my favorite woman in politics. I also love Jennifer Granholm, and Barbara Mikulski, and Debbie Staebenow.

There. I said it.

• You and I?  Friends.  You and everyone (as a result of your statement)?  Probably not friends.

• Did I ever tell you that I dated (and um, had a shared first experience with) Barbara Mikulski's nephew my senior year of high school? My one regret is that I never made him take me to Maryland to meet her.
  • You never did.  Did you do to him what Spring does to a cherry tree? Angel
  • image JaredsgirlErin:

I don't know who the woman in green is, but it was yesterday dedicating the Sojourner Truth statue at Emancipation hall. I'm not going to make any friends by saying this, but they are three of my favorite woman in politics. I also love Jennifer Granholm, and Barbara Mikulski, and Debbie Staebenow.

There. I said it.

Life would be pretty boring if all your friends felt exactly the same as you.

"I really like Granholm."

"Me too!"

*end of conversation*

• The sweet face in my sig is my latest brush with inspiration. He makes me want to be a better person/mom/human being. He also has been inspiring me to get healthy, so that I can be around for many years to come.

<3

• image GRsweetpea:
    You never did.  Did you do to him what Spring does to a cherry tree? Angel

LOL. I hope so! haha.

• I'm inspired by everything around me. I think I'm hypersensitive to it.  Some days I swear I'm actually tingling with energy from really SEEING, and FEELING nature, spirit, and love. 

Also, lately... every time I hear this song, my eyes fill with tears.  I'm a sap, I know.  I'm not generally a religious person, but when the world seems overwhelmingly full of beauty and love, it's hard not to be  :) 

http://www.imeem.com/timmyers/music/n2MH636j/tim-myers-a-beautiful-world/ 

"All of this is crazy, and amazing" -Mat Kearney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~ personal blog~ * ~ photography blog ~