Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Normal or should I call pedi?

I posted a few weeks ago about Caitlin and that awful incident in the car where she was crying hard enough to vomit and then choked on it.  She has had 3 more similar incidents now.  Each time I was able to stop and get to her before she gagged enough to vomit but they have been scary incidents none the less. In each of these incidents she starts crying when I am driving and then quickly works herself into a frenzy.  When I stop and try to comfort her she calms down and then as soon as I get out of her sight she starts again.  It is creating a big issue with trying to drive any distance from home. She does have some sep anxiety at home and cries a little when I leave the room, but it is nothing like what happens in the car.

I know separation anxiety is common at about this time, but this seems a bit extreme.  Does it sound normal or should I call her pedi?

~Alyssa~
Isabella and Caitlin
Wheee!
Our Blog

Re: Normal or should I call pedi?

• I would call the pedi.  The vomiting and choking part would scare the crap out of me.    I'm sorry she's still having episodes.  (((hugs))) to you both.
  • I think it is probably normal, but I would call the pedi just to put my mind at ease.?

She is still in an infant seat, right? I imagine she should have pretty good head control now, too. It just seems a little unusual that she would actually choke on her vomit, KWIM? That is the part that would concern me.?

GL! I hope you can find a solution!?

• image andrealynn0707:

She is still in an infant seat, right? I imagine she should have pretty good head control now, too. It just seems a little unusual that she would actually choke on her vomit, KWIM? That is the part that would concern me. 

I'm pretty sure the choking was just a result of the angle that the infant seat puts her at.  With the straps fastened she just couldn't lean forward enough to completely clear it.  Well that plus it was a major amount of liquid and she was crying pretty hard at the time.  I am curious to know if the convertible seats put them at a different angle so it wouldn't be so difficult to clear the airway if it were to ever happen again.

~Alyssa~
    Isabella and Caitlin
    Wheee!
    Our Blog
  • Poor muffin and poor mommy!  I would call.
  • I know N's seat still had quite a recline on it while it was rear facing.  I definately propped him more upright when I turned him around though.  A good friend of mine had serious anxiety issues with her DD, similar to what you're describing and her pedi was able to get them going in the right direction.  I'm sure it will get better for you soon.
  • I would definitely call, if nothing else for peace of mind.  I'm so sorry you're going through this!  Poor Momma and poor babies!
    I Need Coffee!!!

noah.zach.cole

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;130/st/20120630/e/we+move+back+to+Florida/dt/-2/k/cf6b/event.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • I would call. I'm sorry.
    [IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • I'm so sorry that she is still having these episodes.   I would call your pedi just to make sure everything is okay.   I also think that our infant seat reclined more than the convertible did rear facing, so the convertible may help her sit upright a little more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker