Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Here are my ideas for the SBC

If anyone is needing some ideas:

Motherhood or "mother" in title--Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult
Released in April, May or June 2009--Candy Land by Candy Spelling or Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster
Two favorite childhood chapter books--A Wrinkle in Time/The Mixed Up Files of Basil E. Frankweiler
One-word title--Mary by Janis Cooke Newman
Flower or plant in title--Peony in Love
Spring word in title--Bunny Tales
Old, New, Borrowed, Blue, or Wedding in title--A Yellow Raft in Blue Water
Close your eyes and point to a book on your TBR pile
Baseball theme--a book about Wrigley Field that I have
Name of character or person in title--Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (to go along with the read along)

Listen to an audio book--The 13th Tale
Collection of short stories/poetry--not sure yet
Takes place in your city/state (www.bibliotravel.com)--The Book of Dahlia (takes place in Los Angeles)
Hispanic author--Outlander--we'll see, I've been meaning to read it.
GLBT author or character--Middlesex or Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
Classic--not sure yet---have tons of options
Main character is a child--Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Husband/SO picked for you--we'll see
True crime--In Cold Blood
War/soldier--Resistance by Anita Shreve

April, May or June NBC pick and participate in discussion--The Little Lady Agency
Required of you in h.s. that you didn't finish or appreciate--To Kill a Mockingbird
1001 list (http://www.listsofbests.com/list/2222 )--The Poisonwood Bible, Like Water for Chocolate, The Scarlet Letter
Started but you've never finished (less than 1/2 through)--The Colony
Movie adaptation coming out in 2009 (www.imdb.com)--Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince or The Lovely Bones
Title format: The ___________'s _________________--The Doctor's Daughter
Pulitzer Prize winner (http://www.litweb.net/pulitzer.html)--March, Middlesex, Beloved
Character/author has same name as you/SO (www.librarything.com)--Wuthering Heights
Released the year you were born--Hollywood Wives by Jackie Collins
Nestie tells you what to read

Stephen King/Richard Bachman novel--The Green Mile
Historical fiction AND a nonfiction on the same subject--Bury Me Standing (nonfiction about gypsies) and maybe The Gypsy Chronicles
Genre you do not normally read--one of my nonfiction books about religion or finance
Read a book and cook a meal inspired by it--Paula Deen's biography
Book inspired by a song you like. Write song verse/haiku and share on NBC--The Catcher in the Rye, 1984, All Quiet on the Western Front

image Emily 7-10-04
My Food Blog Visit The Nest!

Re: Here are my ideas for the SBC