Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Newb Q for those who know when they O

I know that if I start charting, I'll have the answer to this, but we're not charting yet and I'm curious about something.  I noticed that, on cd 14, I got AF-like cramps on one side for about 18 hours. It made me think that I can feel when I'm ovulating. Am I crazy, or do some of you who know when you're ovulating also get those cramps?

Re: Newb Q for those who know when they O

• Yes, you can have other signs of ovulation. They do include cramping.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I am only on my second cycle off BCP, but the first month I could totally feel it. My chart confirmed it, too.
    My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d
  • Yes, you can feel it. Mine lasted for most of the day yesterday. I am not currently temping, but I do chart physical changes and CM.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I've always been able to feel it, just never knewwhat it was until I asked my anatomy teacher
  • I'm not charting either but I do know that you can have cramping when you O.. I love your siggy pic, btw!
  • I usually get severe cramps on one side or the other a few days before I should be ovulating. I have not charted in the past so I don't know how close to o it occurs but youre not crazy :)
    "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast
  • The first 3 cycles I didn't feel anything. This cycle I totally felt it - it was cramps, but totally different from AF cramping.
  • I've always felt it.  It doesn't feel like cramps, but more like a dull ache on my ovary until the egg is released.  Yes, I feel the moment my egg is released b/c the pain stops - instant relief along with a little dizzy spell.  Then the next day or two I feel soreness on the same side/ovary.  The dizzy spell is something new since coming off bcp. Usually I would just feel the pain.  To me it's worse than any cramps I've had, but my cramps come few and far between. Hope it gets better for you!