Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I wish I had better scrapbooking skills... :(

I'm trying to make a multi-page card/small booklet and it's not going well. Thankfully I haven't actually cut any paper yet!  I'm good at designing things on the computer (like invitations!), but this layers of paper thing is not going as well for me. 

Any tips? I kinda know what I want it to look like, but do you just print out the text like 20 time in different sizes/fonts to try them? Luckily I'm planning ahead so I have lots of time to get this done (not needed till early May) but it's seriously bothering me. 

Edited: If it comes out well I'll post pics of my first scrapbook-esq project Yes If it doesn't turn out well I'll have to figure out something else instead Embarrassed

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: I wish I had better scrapbooking skills... :(

• If I am printing out text then I usually work in Word or Publisher and make text boxes. I create the boxes for the size that I need and then work with the text font & size in the box. That usually saves me from having to print so many times.

• image hersheykiss:

If I am printing out text then I usually work in Word or Publisher and make text boxes. I create the boxes for the size that I need and then work with the text font & size in the box. That usually saves me from having to print so many times.

This is really good advice.  I'm the type who guesses and checks about 18 times before I finally get it.  :)  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes!

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker