Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

SBC - Character with your name

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look to find a book w/a character w/my name (Shelley, or Michele)? I have done searches, checked GoodReads, librarything, etc. I can't find anything. I suppose the obvious choice would be to read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, but I would rather read something I haven't read before.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10 

Re: SBC - Character with your name

• http://www.librarything.com/

I had good luck so you should too

image Visit The Nest! image
  • j*&p*j*&p* member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    Do you like historical fiction?  I haven't read either of these books but there is an author named Michelle Moran who wrote Nefertiti and The Heretic Queen, both are historical fiction set in ancient Egyptian times.  I've seen a lot of positive reviews of both books on book blogs. 
    image image
  • I have the same name- at a quick glance I saw that there are a lot of new books out about Michelle Obama if you're interested in that.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for that- I might use DH's name instead.

image image image
  • Wow, how did I not even think of Michelle Obama? OR! Michelle Duggar. Hmm.. so many possibilities! I didn't even think of non-fiction, or the author being named Michelle.

I just looked up The Heretic Queen on GR. It sounds really interesting! And apparently my cousin's FI is reading it, so I'll have to ask her how she likes it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10