Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I miss Hawaii!

DH and I went there for our HM in October.  We'd never been there before and we had the most amazing time.  I'm not a hot weather person, either, but I just loved it.  Lately, I've been seeing tv shows where people go to Hawaii, buy a house there, or win a trip (like on Amazing Race) and I'm instantly green with envy.  I know there's no chance of us getting back there anytime soon, though.  *sigh*

Husky, I am jealous!  Although, there's probably a big difference between simply enjoying a vacation, and living and working somewhere.

Paradise

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!

Re: I miss Hawaii!

• I've been literally dreaming about Hawaii the past few weeks!  Such nice dreams, not fun to wake up though!
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/29mmyd3.jpg[/IMG]
  • When DH and I have days when we feel we're fed up with this NW gloominess, we talk about moving to sunny places like Hawaii or even Fiji! But then realisticly we probably won't. We're most comfortable having families close and they're not about to move to either hawaii or fiji in this lifetime. So we're going to hawaii this year instead! for our 2nd yr anniv. Stick out tongue

• We went to Maui in Nov (it was my 10+) time to that island.  Now we are thinking of going back in Feb. and going to a different island.  Feb is just such a hard month in WA with the weather it makes me want to hide under a rock.
  • I often tell my DH that we need to move to Maui. We went in July 07 for our honeymoon; it was my 4th time going and DH first. We both love the place and have considered moving there. The thing that keeps us from actually doing it is the fact that it is so stranded and finding good jobs to support the cost of living. I recently have found some foreclosures that are pretty reasonable, however they are mostly 800Sq ft condos and I really don't see myself being happy in a tiny condo when I have grown accustomed to a house and yard.

We will be going to Maui in the end of May for 8 days and I can't wait, I?m counting down the days.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • I'm joining the I miss hawaii group!  I just wanted to share that alaskaair lines has really great deals for vacations packages!  Ohh I miss the sun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • So, you are all feeling the Hawaii bug, too!! :-)  The thing is I love the "gloomy" Seattle winter weather.  I really love rain and snow, so I have no complaints in the weather department.  I miss hearing the ocean, the amazing views, spending an afternoon in a hammock under the palm trees, taking long walks along the water looking for sea turtles or cool fish, taking long drives around the island, etc. (We went to the Big Island.)  We say we hope to get back by our 5th anniversary (we'd go to Kauai this time), but I don't know that we will.  I always have to use vacation time to go to see my family in IL.  Plus we're back to TTC this month, so it will only get more $$ to travel with kids.  Alas, I don't know when it will happen, but I will dream of Hawaii til then!! :-)

What we need is for someone to offer us a free trip or the use of their timeshare or something, for free or cheap.  And we'll buy the airfare since it's cheaper right now. :-)  So, I'll just keep hoping for that magical phone call with the free trip!!  haha

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • image MrsH_08:

Husky, I am jealous!  Although, there's probably a big difference between simply enjoying a vacation, and living and working somewhere.

Paradise

HUGE difference...difference is I hate working now...haha.  Weekends are awesome, like being on vacation :) Plus we get lots of visitors now...future fung is here...we are going snorkeling tomorrrow...yay.

I do miss Seattle but when I'm laying on the beach...I tend to forget all about it :)

Everyone, please come to Hawaii and stimulate our economy...hehe

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • that's funny, my dh and i were talking about hawaii as well today!  there's a great deal on costco right now for hotels and i think we're gonna book it for our 1st anni trip in sept!  we're going to oahu, my dh has never been there before so he's excited!  i can't wait!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • i went to hawaii on a family trip recently and it was soooo much fun. everytime we see something tropical on tv, my FI keeps saying he wants to go back...but not me. nothing wrong with hawaii, i LOVED it, but i would much rather go to other places now, too :)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.