Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone Have This Problem?

Everytime I try to Give oral sex to my b/f . It becomes really uncomfortable and feels like my jaw locks up on one side. This makes it extremely hard to go down all the way or even deep throat. I really feel bad bc he gives me oral and i would like to be able to pleasure him as well. This problem with my jaw doesnt happen when I have been drinking before i give oral but i  like non drunken sex alot better!!!  I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or maybe had a solution. I order some numbing cream for my mouth to see if that would help but i was hoping to find other solutions as well

Re: Anyone Have This Problem?

• Sounds like you may have TMJ (Tempero-mandibular joint) disorder.

• I have this problem as well... it is TMJ (as pp said) I just fight through it usually. stop for a bit and do other stuff, then go back to giving oral.
  • is there anyway to fix it?
  • image iamnani87:
    is there anyway to fix it?
    I googled TMJ disorder...

How can TMJ disorders be treated?

The mainstay of treatment for acute TMJ pain is heat and ice, soft diet, and antiinflammatory medications.

1. Jaw rest: It can be beneficial to keep the teeth apart as much as possible. It is also important to recognize when tooth grinding is occurring and devise methods to cease this activity. Patients are advised to avoid chewing gum or eating hard, chewy, or crunchy foods such as raw vegetables, candy, or nuts. Foods that require opening the mouth widely, such as a big hamburger, are also not recommended.

2. Heat and ice therapy: These assist in reducing muscle tension and spasm. However, immediately after an injury to the TMJ, treatment with cold applications is best. Cold packs can be helpful for relieving pain.

3. Medications: Antiinflammatory medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil and others), naproxen (Aleve and others), or steroids can help control inflammation. Muscle relaxants, such as diazepam (Valium), aid in decreasing muscle spasms. In certain situations, local injection of cortisone preparations (methylprednisolone [Depo-Medrol], triamcinolone [Kenalog], Celestone) into the TMJ may be helpful.

4. Physical therapy: Passively opening and closing the jaw, massage, and electrical stimulation help to decrease pain and increase the range of motion and strength of the joint.

5. Stress management: Stress support groups, psychological counseling, and medications can also assist in reducing muscle tension. Biofeedback helps people recognize times of increased muscle activity and spasm and provides methods to help control them.

6. Occlusal therapy: A custom-made acrylic appliance which fits over the teeth is commonly prescribed for night but may be required throughout the day. It acts to balance the bite and reduce or eliminate teeth grinding or clenching (bruxism).

7. Correction of bite abnormalities: Corrective dental therapy, such as orthodontics, may be required to correct an abnormal bite. Dental restorations assist in creating a more stable bite. Adjustments of bridges or crowns act to ensure proper alignment of the teeth.

8. Surgery: Surgery is indicated in those situations in which medical therapy has failed. It is done as a last resort. TMJ arthroscopy, ligament tightening, joint restructuring, and joint replacement are considered in the most severe cases of joint damage or deterioration.

• The answer is: Use your hands more!

Try this technique to give your jaw a break: Depending on the length of your DH's penis, use one hand or two to stroke up and down the shaft of his penis. ?ROTATE your hand between 90 and 180 degrees on the stroke to give stimulation while keeping your mouth focused on the top. ?Add a tongue flutter on the underside of the head if you want to blow his mind. ?Keep your hand moist with saliva, so that is is warm and slippery. ?The firmness of the grip will depend on your DH's preferences, but it will give your mouth a break.

If you want to intensify his sensation, use one hand to press around the base of his penis, causing the skin to be drawn tight. ?This will heighten his pleasure. ?

If you want to really multitask, you can get your hands rotating in two different directions on his shaft, light suction on the head and tongue on the back.?

• image DaringMiss:

The answer is: Use your hands more!

Try this technique to give your jaw a break: Depending on the length of your DH's penis, use one hand or two to stroke up and down the shaft of his penis.  ROTATE your hand between 90 and 180 degrees on the stroke to give stimulation while keeping your mouth focused on the top.  Add a tongue flutter on the underside of the head if you want to blow his mind.  Keep your hand moist with saliva, so that is is warm and slippery.  The firmness of the grip will depend on your DH's preferences, but it will give your mouth a break.

If you want to intensify his sensation, use one hand to press around the base of his penis, causing the skin to be drawn tight.  This will heighten his pleasure.  

If you want to really multitask, you can get your hands rotating in two different directions on his shaft, light suction on the head and tongue on the back. 

That is quite similar to what i do but i feel like it isnt enough I want to be able to use my mouth in order to just switch it up a bit I feel like i use my hands too much. This may seem weird or silly but i often use his toes as a judge on hwo it feels to him he will flex his toes alot when he O's so if i see the toes moving while doing oral i know he is feeling good. However he usually does this when i have my full mouth on his penis 

• I have TMJ. I have found that lying on my back with my husband on top works best and he realllllllllly likes it!

image BabyFruit Ticker