Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good morning ladies!

Good morning!

We haven't had a GM post for awhile, so I thought I'd start one.  It's been so slow around here lately.  Not that I've posted much... Darn work has me way too busy!  The nerve... work getting in the way of nesting?  Pshaw!  Stick out tongue

How was everyone's weekend?  How was the GTG at The Jones?  I was bummed I couldn't make it, but DH & I had plans to get a bunch of projects done around the house.  The Jones would have been MUCH more fun. 

We celebrated DH's birthday with a bunch of friends Saturday night, over a yummy dinner at Icon Grill.  It was good to see everyone, and lots of laughs were had.  Good times. That was about the highlight of the weekend.  I won't bore you all with all the cleaning and stuff we did.  :)

Happy Monday (if there's such a thing) Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Re: Good morning ladies!

• Today my DH turns the big 2-9.  However hes out of town.  As a birthday surprise, I finally changed my last name!  I am surprising him tomorrow morning with my old driver's license inside a card.  He's been pushing me to do this for 6 months so hopefully it will make him a happy man.

I hate Mondays, but...yeah.  I'll try to make the best of it.

• Morning Nesties!  I'm on week 6 of my recovery from foot surgery.  I'm still working from home and mostly hanging out on the couch b/c I can't walk or drive yet.  I have my next Dr appt next week, after which I should start hobbling around the house a little bit in a walking boot.  Long recovery, but worth it.  And in the meantime, I LOVE working from home!  (I really hate going in to the office to do the same thing I can do from my couch with the tv on.)

I'm glad some of you had a great time at The Jones GTG.  I loved my yummy meal last time and meeting a few of you. 

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Good morning!  I definitely relate to work getting in the way of nesting.  This will be my 3rd week of teaching full time, and I've definitely had to be slacking on the nest posts (I probably shouldn't technically be on right now...shhh!).  I'm doing a long-term sub job until June 1st.  The money's going to be great, but I definitely miss being a SAHW.  I'm not lazy...I'm just not a morning person, and I prefer a little more flexibility to my day (as opposed to teaching 5 classes of freshmen on a very rigid schedule).  Smile
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good Morning/Afternoon!

We had a pretty low key weekend. I made cake balls this weekend. Baked one day and decorated the next. I bagged them all up for DH to take to work with him this morning. Hopefully they eat them all cause I dont want them taunting me around the house lol As for today ive already been to the store and did my work out. My online classes open at noon today so that should keep me busy for the next 8 weeks or so 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • Good morning!  I'm definitely not looking forward to this week.  I switch from weekdays to weekends, which means I work six full days and only get Friday off. Yech.  I tried to get extra sleep last night but I think it will be my friend caffeine pulling me through this week...

At least it's not raining, and I'm still happy from all the sunshine yesterday!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Sayulita:

Today my DH turns the big 2-9.  However hes out of town.  As a birthday surprise, I finally changed my last name!  I am surprising him tomorrow morning with my old driver's license inside a card.  He's been pushing me to do this for 6 months so hopefully it will make him a happy man.

I hate Mondays, but...yeah.  I'll try to make the best of it.

haha my dh was pushing for the name change as well, i just did it in feb and we've been married since '07! woops :)

this weekend went by sooo fast!  we went snorkeling on saturday but it was super windy.  yesterday fu came...yay!

now i'm trying to ditch out of work early :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers