Orange County Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Book Rave

Yes, I LOVE to read, and I will usually read anything and everything. I have been reading a lot of Young Adult literature, mainly because I like to be up to speed with what my students are reading and I want to be able to talk to them about it.

All year they have been RAVING about this book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I loved that they were so enthusiastic about a book, but I was out when I heard it was about vampires.

I am NOT NOT NOT into fantasy. AT ALL. I was scarred by A Swiftly Tilting Planet in 4th grade and I haven't been able to get into fantasy ever since.

However, the description of this book had me interested, so much so that I have had TWO dreams about it, so I finally told my students I would read it this summer.

I started it when I got home earlier and I have NOT BEEN ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN! Seriously, I am loving it.

MH came home, all excited with his first paycheck in 7 months, wanting to take me out to dinner, and I was BUMMED because I wanted to keep reading this book.

I was thinking about the dang book all during dinner AND frozen yogurt AND the trip to the store where I got myself a new bike. I just got home and I was about to pick it up and dive back in, but I wanted to post about it first. :-)

Anyway, if you are looking for a good book to read...pick it up! I'm still in the middle, but I predict I will be staying up ALL night finishing it.

image image image
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Book Rave

• It's funny that you mention this book, I keep hearing about it from students everywhere I go. I'm really not into fantasy but I figured there must be something to it for all of these kids to love it. I haven't picked it up but I considered it. Based on your review I'm going to go get it :) Thanks Jess, I'll keep you posted!
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/35ldc7m.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'll add it to my list of must reads!
  • I finished it last night...all 500 pages. :-

I drove past my freeway exit this morning because I was thinking about it.

So. Good.

image image image
  • image Young_Love:

I finished it last night...all 500 pages. :-

I drove past my freeway exit this morning because I was thinking about it.

So. Good.

Ha!

I really hate it when I finish a book that completely engrossed me. Such a letdown. 

• thanks for the rec. i'll have to check this out.

• Oooh, interesting!
  • I told you!!!!  My students bugged me forever to read it, and I finally did.  Soo good!!

I also just read the next one, New Moon.  Just as good!  I'm excited to read Eclipse and the new one that comes out this summer too.  I actually still have New Moon, it's on loan from a student, but since I wont see her till August, I'm sure I can lend it to you.  I just need it back before school starts.  Let me know!

• Thanks Kim! I went to the library during our nutrition break and the librarian gave me a copy of New Moon! We are having extended silent reading so Mrs. Y_L can read her dang book. :-)

One of my students told me that after the 4th one comes out in August, there will be another one that will be a retelling of Twilight from Edwards point of view!!!!!! Can't wait!

image image image
  • OMG, I think one of the summer school kids took my book and hid it!!!!

Brats!

image image image
  • YL...I thought you gave me a leg up with my SD.  I thought I was going to be cool and recommend these books to her.  Apparently I'm behind the times because she's already read the whole series.   Oh well, I still have to read it myself.

• I just finished New Moon. I read too fast. :-
    image image image