Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sonicare users...

Have you had to replace your base units at all?

I have had our sonicare unit for 5 years and it seems to be dying on me. I have replaced the heads a ton but I think it may be time for a new unit all together.

Is 5 years a normal run for a sonicare unit?

Is there a new/better version out there?

Re: Sonicare users...

• Yeah, my first sonicare lasted something like 6 years.

They have all sorts of versions, the one I have now has the standard two minute deal, but also a quick program of 1 minute (15 seconds per) and the super awesome program of 3 minutes - the standard two minutes plus 15 seconds massage on each side.  It's pretty cool!

• yes, our old base unit died. it seemed like it just wouldn't hold a charge anymore.
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • Ours lasted about 8 years. When it died I went to Target and got the most basic, cheapest one to replace it and it's fine.
  • Yup ours lasted about 5 years.  We went to costco to get new ones since it comes in 2's!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Ours lasted like three years...you can find replacement batteries online for cheap...and it's not hard to swap them out. That way you aren't throwing away the whole thing just for a rechargeable battery ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I was going to mention that about Costco.  And check for coupons.  They've been in the coupon book at least twice so far in the past few months.

Photobucket