Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

End the "R" word day!!

So in conjunction with March 31st "End the R-Word Day" I'm sending out this link...this is a kid in suburban Chicago who wrote an essay for Honors English and was asked to read it to the entire student body.  Don't know how he got through it, he graduated 1st in his class, National Honors Society, started Notre Dame last fall with honors.  What courage...its one thing for me to pick a fight with someone in line at wal-mart or at a gas station with my 36 yrs backing me up... (which, heck, I'm getting used to) ...but to speak in high school to your entire school...oh my...he's my new hero.

It's long, about 9 minutes, so if you dont have the time, that's cool.  But if you have 9 minutes, its worth it.

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=CoqaNG0Ozqc

Spread the word to end the word...
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone
"Don't marry a man unless you would be PROUD to have a son exactly like him." ~ Unknown

Re: End the "R" word day!!

• Wow! ?What a powerful speech.

Thank you for pointing this out. ?I am going to forward it to my middle-schooler (so that she will send it to all of her friends) to remind them that it is never acceptable to use the word.?