Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

two Phx groups??

Just a curious question - is there two Phx groups on the nest? i noticed people talking about this and was wondering about that.. i dont see the second group...?

?

hope you all had a good weekend... a beautiful day today! ?

Re: two Phx groups??

• Well I'm a newbie but I believe there was some kind of drama on this phx board so some people made another one but I don't think it's actually on or connected to the nest.  I heard it happened in my old local NH board before I joined and they made a "secret" board cleverly called "The Coop."
  • About a year ago there was some stupid drama that went on, then they switched to this new format, and a lot of the regulars didn't like it.  So, they all left, and started a new board somewhere else.  I was a newbie at the time so I didn't follow.  Ever since they all left it's been super slow around here, until recently.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thx for explaining!!! i was wondering about that - hope they all return as itd be nice to have more action on this board ha...?
  • image kimberlykenya:
    Well I'm a newbie but I believe there was some kind of drama on this phx board so some people made another one but I don't think it's actually on or connected to the nest.  I heard it happened in my old local NH board before I joined and they made a "secret" board cleverly called "The Coop."

Haha, the Coop! I have to laugh at that because I am involved with the NH ladies and am now on our own board.  After the "coop" was created a bunch of us "not cool girls" were not invited so we made our own board....  It's nice to keep certain things private, but making a board because you dont like some people is kind of dumb, IMO!

<a target="_blank" href="http://crazymomadventures.blogspot.com">Adventures of a Mom</a>

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/jvivace98/Summer2011009-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Where is time going??
  • I was here when all the drama went down.  I wasn't a 24/7 regular on this board, i'm usually on ML more.  At first, some were posting here and on the other site, and it wasn't password protected.  Then it became invite only and they have stricter rules about members and where posts go, etc. I originally thought they moved over there because the nest regularly crapped out and wasn't useable.  I didn't realize til later it was more for privacy reasons, and that they weren't really going to post on the nest anymore.  Too bad, because they really are nice girls and I just can't keep up with a bunch of different forums at once.

I went to a few GTG's with them and didn't really get warmed up enough to feel like i belonged, KWIM?  They're a really tight group of girls, which is great for them, but it's hard to break into that if you're on the shy side.  I know there were a few nesties they had problems with but I don't really know the details of it.  *shrug*

i'm all for GTGs if you all want to!

• I didn't leave b/c of the drama. I left b/c of the lack of privacy. I had some creepy stalker coworkers reading all my posts and everything about some stuff that was going on in my dramatic pregnancy at the time and I was skeeved out - not to mention some job drama. Anyway, I realize posting on the internet takes a chance that anyone can read it, but it's different when people you know start looking for you online and reading stuff you don't want them to know. IDK - it's hard to explain.Luckily I don't work with those b!tches anymore and they can read this post all they want. Anyway, it goes the same for a lot of us that left, IMO.

And . . . I triple extra hate this new format. With a passion. I try really hard to post on EFF b/c I am new to my hippieishness and want to talk with other crunchy girls but I have a hard time keeping up with it b/c of the format.

ETA: And this question gets asked like once a month. Does no one scroll through old posts? I'm not being b!tchy . . . just curious.

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/5fj8mp.jpg[/IMG]

Too lazy to update my picture from SPD 2010!
    **Katelyn Elizabeth** 08-02-2008
  • lol you wouldn't have to scroll very far to get last month's posts...this board is snoozeville!!