January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Wednesday!

Sorry so quiet lately, but I'm still alive. :)

I do read, just nothing to say really. :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Penguin129

Re: Happy Wednesday!

• I just don't have the energy to share most days... 
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I made Abby a pillowcase yesterday. So far today I've changed the sheets, paid bills, and called in a prescription. We don't have much planned today other than going to pick up medicine. Maybe a bike ride.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • Can you come pay my bills? I don't even know when I am going to get to doing that. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

Penguin129
  • Can you come pay my bills? I don't even know when I am going to get to doing that. 
    Lol! H would be so lost without me. 
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
    So would mine. I was doing his finances before we even got engaged. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

Penguin129
  • I just don't have the energy to share most days... 
    You and I both.....:(  I think I'm having my mid-life depression.....
    So would mine. I was doing his finances before we even got engaged. 
    Am I the only man doing his own finances?
  • My DH and I handled our own finances until I quit working. It drove me nuts how he paid his bills (when they were due instead of when he got paid) so I took over and pay everything.
    Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• It's not Js thing. It never has been. His dad stopped doing it, and I took over. My dad and FIL still do theirs though.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Sorry, I didn't mean that as a slam on anybody. :(
  • Am12712 said:
    My DH and I handled our own finances until I quit working. It drove me nuts how he paid his bills (when they were due instead of when he got paid) so I took over and pay everything.
    I pay them the same way. The day H gets paid is the day I pay bills. I'm always early on paying things so it works out.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • jtmh2012 said:
    Sorry, I didn't mean that as a slam on anybody. :(
    I don't think you did. I just wanted you to know you aren't the only guy out there.  :D

BabyFruit Ticker 

Penguin129
  • Late to the convo but P pays most of the bills.  And I love it.  He pays some when he gets paid and some before they are due.  In my first marriage, I was the only one who worried about finances, paid any bills, ect.  So having P handle them is a huge plus for me.

When we got together we took care of our own stuff and put joint bill money into a joint account.  P usually made those payments.  Once we were married and I stayed home, he pretty much does most of the bills.  I'll write the HOA check if he forgets.  I do the grocery shopping, ect.  I like that we both handle different money aspects because it helps both of us stay aware of how much we have. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Penguin129