Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

non fiction recs?

Hello All!

I'm an avid reader, but this is my first time posting here.  I usually go through two books a month, and I try to make one fiction (I love supernatural horror and medieval historical fiction!) and one non fiction.  I'm coming to the end of my James Herbert novel, so I need a good non fiction book next.  Any suggestions? I'm interested in history, psychology, physiology.. maybe even something baby related since H and I are planning on TTC in September?  I'm pretty open- thank you in advance! 

Re: non fiction recs?

• I don't read a ton of non-fiction, but I know a lot of us on this board are fans of Jon Krakauer. Have you read any of his stuff?
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • As Y_L stated...Anything and everything by Jon Krakauer

also:

- Pirate Hunters by Robert Kurson
    - Trapped Under the Sea by Neil Swidey
    - The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
    - Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic - David Quammen
    - South: The Endurance Expedition by Ernest Shackleton
    - Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne
    - In Harm's Way: the Sinking of the USS Indianapolis and the Extraordinary Story of its Survivors by Doug Stanton
    - The Last Stand: Custer, Sitting Bull and the Battle of the Little Bighorn by Nathaniel Philbrick
    - Black Hearts: One Platton's Descent into Madness in Iraq's Triangle of Death by Jim Frederick
    - Desperate Passage: The Donner Party's Perilous Journey West by Ethan Rarick
    - The Ominvore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
    - Columbine by Dave Cullen
    - Ship of Ghosts: the Story of the USS Houston, FDR's Legendary Lost Cruiser, and the Epic Saga of Her Survivors by James D. Hornfischer
    - Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden
    - In the Heart of the Sea: the Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick
    - The Devil in the White City  by Erik Larson
    - Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
    - The Ice Master: The Doomed 1913 Voyage of the Karluk by Jennifer Niven
    - 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers by Jim Dwyer
    - Flyboys: A True Story of Courage by James D. Bradley
    - Ghost Soldiers: The Epic Account of WWII's Greatest Rescue Mission by Hampton Sides

90 books in 2015?
    ILoveNG