Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hi everyone,

I'm the newbie here!  My husband and I were recently married and aren't trying to get pregnant until we buy our new home, however, I would like to start reading up on pregnancy.  I'm looking for suggestions on books to read about nutrition, eliminating toxics and pre-pregnancy topics.  I don't plan to chart, take my temp or use any TTC strategies at first.   We want to just going to start trying without any of that and see what happens from there. 

Anyone have any suggestions on books that focus more on nutrition, getting mind/body ready for pregnancy.  What about prenatal vitamins?   I'm slowly trying to go organic, so doesn't anyone have an organic pre-natal they suggest?  

Thanks 

Re: Newbie

• What to expect before you're expecting is a great reference.
  • Welcome! I read What to Expect Before You're Expecting as well, and I liked William Sears' The Healthy Pregnancy Book, which is of course mostly about pregnancy but has a lot of getting healthy/preparing your body info at the front.

"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

TTC #1 August 2014. BFP 9/26! EDD 6/9/15
    Baby A born 6/17/2015