January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

The Bump

Ahhh, I detoured there this afternoon.  I haven't been there since I first got pregnant with Lily.  Just lurking on a few boards made me so happy to have our small group here.  As going back to The Bump kind of scares me, I'll just post my stuff here, :) ok?

In recent news, I've really got babies on the brain.  This whole waiting on my period/two week wait is killing me.  And I'm not sure why this month is different from the last few months.  I think it's because I downloaded FF again and also a new app called Glow.  They are both saying completely different things about when I ovulated and when I should be starting my period.  So I'm feeling more anxious.  I'm buying OPKs for next month and possibly a BBT even if it's not 100% accurate. 

So what's the minimum amount of sleep I need to temp?
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Penguin129

Re: The Bump

• @shellyamf The majority of people from The Bump left to another ProBoards site called Then Comes Family. I post everything there. You can search for it on ProBoards. I am not sure how to get you a direct link.

From all my research you need 3 hours of straight restful sleep to be able to temp and should temp withing the same hour everyday. I try to temp at 6:30 since I get up then to take my thyroid meds. My chart is all kinds of messy, a hot mess really, because Abby wasn't sleeping well last week. I am hopeful I will get my first cross hairs soon. I think it would be great if you are charting BBT too so I can have someone with a similar situation to compare it to as far as having toddlers who mess up our sleep,

Are you guys actively trying now??
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • Ok, three hours would be easy to do.  I was reading that I needed 5 hours but maybe that is just recommended.  I'll have to pick up a BBT this week.  I'm thinking I'll order OPKs on Amazon or check the dollar tree.  Just as a back up to temping.

We are actively trying now.  We weren't avoiding from August through December.  We started trying in January/February.  We took the month of March off but started trying again in April.  Trying as in me tracking my periods and trying to have sex every other day around when I thought I was ovulating. Based on the Glow app, I would have been spot on for ovulating and should be starting me period today.  Based on FF I would have been off on when I thought I ovulated.  As we still DTD 2 days before what FF says as O day, there is a slight chance.  But it also says I shouldn't start my period until Tuesday.  I've been super crampy for the past three days (including today).  So I figured it didn't happen this month.  I'm waiting until at least Monday to test as a compromise between the two apps.
    Penguin129
  • Why two apps?? That sounds so overwhelming to me. I can barely handle the one. LOL! I got my BBT at Walmart and used opk's from Dollar Tree when we were trying for Abby and this cycle when I resumed charting. I am planning on buying opk's from Amazon for next cycle because if you buy the in bulk they are way cheaper than buying them a few at a time at Dollar Tree. There are courses on FF that you can read to help understand everything better. I didn't have a chance to get into all this stuff last time because we got pregnant the first cycle we tried and all I used were Dollar Tree opk's. I am preparing myself for this time to not happen nearly as fast.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • Sounds like it would be easier to just have sex every day. :P
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    shellyamf
  • I got my OPK online form Wandfo.  I haven't used anything else.  I also got my thermonitor off Amazon as well only because Am recommended it to me.  I like FF, but I understand the feeling of being overwelmed.  That was me some months as well. 

Penguin129
  • I was thinking of ordering the opks on Amazon due to the cost. I was using FF but read good review on the other app. So I thought I would try it and see which I like better. I was going to go back to one app this next cycle.
    Penguin129
  • shellyamf said:

I was thinking of ordering the opks on Amazon due to the cost. I was using FF but read good review on the other app. So I thought I would try it and see which I like better. I was going to go back to one app this next cycle.

So which one would you say you like more?
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • I'm actually liking Glow more. It feels more user friendly. Provides you with a chart for your temps just like FF.
  • Am12712Am12712 member
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    FF worked well for me. I really just used it to track everything. In the beginning I found the tutorials and videos they had to be helpful. It feels weird to know I wont ever need a VIP form there again. With Caden I used the uber expensive Clear Blue ovulation monitor (the smiley face one). This time around I just used some opks from the dollar store. Although I have used the Wondfo's in the past without any issues.
    Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

Penguin129