January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Helloooooo???

I keep checking in the last several days since I've been in front of a computer every day. 

What's up?  I know people are busy with moving and vacation.  I need some good graduation gift ideas.  Have I asked you guys about that before?  My brother is graduating on the 17th.  He's going to the local community college and living at home.  So I feel most the usual gifts aren't the best for him.  When I was going away to college I got laundry baskets, laundry soap, hangers, luggage, and other stuff for my dorm room.  I could give him money, but my parents seriously pay for everything even the gas in his car.  So I'm clueless. 
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Helloooooo???

• advice how to pay for his own stuff?  JK.

What about some school supplies? Pens, sticky notes, ect...

Penguin129shellyamf
  • I think school supplies sounds like a really good idea. 

I check in every day and when I don't see any new threads I leave. I guess I should start some instead. We're okay over here. I started temping and using Fertility Friend last week and got Taking Charge of Your Fertility out from the library. I go in next week to have my TSH tested to see if the higher dose of my thyroid medicine brought my levels down. Abby is 22 months today. I can't believe her 2nd birthday is just 2 months away. Time is going by fast.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • I started using FF again this month too. Not sure if I will start temping or just use OPK strips since I still get up in the night with Lily.

And I kept thinking I should start a thread but didn't know what to say. Haha, we all joke (P, my sister and I) about how spoiled my brother is. That's a great idea on school supplies. And maybe with the year end I can find some sales. Although they are probably mostly over at this point.
    Penguin129
  • Dollar strore. Index cards, sticky notes, tabs things, pens, pencils,mini stapler, gum.

shellyamf
  • jtmh2012jtmh2012 mod
    Moderator Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    I think school supplies sounds like a really good idea. 

I check in every day and when I don't see any new threads I leave. I guess I should start some instead. We're okay over here. I started temping and using Fertility Friend last week and got Taking Charge of Your Fertility out from the library. I go in next week to have my TSH tested to see if the higher dose of my thyroid medicine brought my levels down. Abby is 22 months today. I can't believe her 2nd birthday is just 2 months away. Time is going by fast.

I almost posted last night saying school supplies, but didn't after figuring it sounded not cool. I love that 2 or 3 people have said the same thing.

As for posting, I've sadly been doing pretty much the same thing. I check the board 2-3 times a day, don't see anything and move on. I think somehow I've also become the defacto NestGod. Seems I'm the only one still around that still has mod powers. So I've been deleting the massive amounts of spam that filter through. :( Wonder if NestGod is a paid position that I could get promoted to?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Best thing to add to Jen- three hole punch. If you have one of those things, you are the person that everyone wants to get to know.... Goes along with the mini stapler. 

Oh dear Mark- really? We would promote you if we could. 

I just have so much going on, I don't really have time to start new posts. I didn't even get to click on the fertility friend invite until like yesterday. But after this week, it's going to be smooth sailing. 
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• @Shellyamf Temping is just stressing me out. I am still getting up with Abby some night too and it really messes things up. Either I am up for a few hours with  her until I can get her back to sleep or I lay next to her and she is so restless I can't get a good nights sleep. I may not stay the course of temping. We'll see. Did you find out what all the pain and cramping was from?
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • I couldn't even temp right now... J is using it as a real thermometer.  :(
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• When I tempted I just did the wake up and temp when I can after 3 hours or more of sleep.  I never woke up to do the same time just to go back to sleep.

Penguin129
  • I'm 99% it was a cyst that burst.  And I figured I wouldn't temp because some nights Lily is super restless and I get restless sleep because of that.  Of she is awake multiple times.  My chart would be all over the place. 

And I love the idea of school supplies.  I loved my mini stapler.  I still have it.  I could just pass it down to him.  But it's purple.  He might not want a purple one.  And definitely a three hole punch.  Again, I have one somewhere from my college days.  If I can find it, I'll just give it to him since I don't need it any more.  I'm actually pretty sure I know where it is.  :)

Yay for Mark being NestGod!!  Cause I vote yes for that.  :) 

Glad to know I wasn't the only one checking the board and not posting.
    Penguin129
  • What about actual school supplies?
    shellyamf said:

Yay for Mark being NestGod!!  Cause I vote yes for that.  :) 

If only it worked like that.  I thought about emailing and seeing what happens.
  • Yes I'll get actual supplies like paper, binders, pens, ect. Put it in a tote or something.