GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TGIF - Weekend Plans?

Anyone have anything good?

I'm awfully whiney and grumpy today because the gutter is falling off the back of our house. DH is freaking out but doing nothing to help the process so we ended up in a battle last night. I'm still kind of heated over it and wish I could have stayed in bed today. Tonight, we're supposed to go to dinner for my little brother's birthday. The rest of the weekend is up in the air between looking at a new-to-me car, going to Ikea for closet organization for the nursery, and doing some overtime at home. Nothing exciting but enjoy the picture of the icicles on the back of my house....image

Re: TGIF - Weekend Plans?

• I'm just tired of all of it so tonight Ben, the baby, and I are going out to dinner after swim classes!

tomorrow- I have a 31 party to attend:) which means some wine

sunday - no plans, cleaning probably. I also need to get rid of Bear's small clothes and pull out the bigger stuff

• @simsk3887 I'm sorry you guys were fighting over the gutter. you're right there isn't really anything you can do about it now unfortunately.
  • @simsk3887 - that looks pretty awful! I hope you two figure out how to fix it.

Tonight we have zero plans at all. We have been non-stop running around for 2 weeks between funerals, birthdays, showers, etc.

Tomorrow - yoga for the first time in 2 weeks. Some errands afterwards if I am up for it. DH is supposed to be working on the nursery and guest room. I am keeping my FX that he actually does it. I am so sick of fighting over his laziness. 6 weeks to go buddy! He better shape up!

Sunday - Snow is coming so probably just laying low and piling up wood in the living room.

imageMags's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

TTC 19 months ~Started RE in March 2014~
    DH was not ready for IUI so we waited
    ~Started acupuncture in  May 2014~

~~BFP 7/6/14~~~EDD 3/14/15~~It's a girl!!~~
  • Thanks, ladies.

**warning this turned into a long rant instead of a short explanation....

DH never owned a home growing up with his family so while he's decent at the indoor housework, the outdoor and construction stuff is a foreign language to him, literally :) So I understand his hesitancy in trying to fix it, but getting mad at me because I haven't called someone to come fix it whenever you just told me it was getting much worse at 2pm on a Thursday doesn't help anything. If it was a broken window, obviously Id know to call the window people. A leaking roof, Id call the roofing people. But it's a gutter. And not a gutter that we need replaced, just rehung so who exactly do you want me to call to come fix it on a Friday, in the snow and ice? Because I know local handymen are just jumping at the chance to climb a 3 story ladder to put some nails in a gutter. Seriously?! I told my dad that he and DH can talk about it at dinner tonight. I'm done. I just can't be the only one who makes phone calls and makes house decisions. It's all frozen right now so it's not like it's going to change by me crossing my arms and pouting over it. But that's my plan for now....mature, I know.
  • @simsk3887‌ I hate fights like that. Hopefully y'all figure it out tonight and it doesn't drag through the weekend.

I am on my last flight home right now, and can't wait to relax tonight. DH usually plays hockey on Saturday nights, but this is a rare non hockey Saturday, so we are going to do date night! I can't wait.

Sunday will probably be lounging around and watching the super bowl.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii... Honeymoon 2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    IUI - 10/29/2014, BFP! EDD: 7/22/2015
    simsk3887
  • The weekend is almost over, but we stayed in. Blizzard!
    Mellie
  • I have Bunco tonight. I'll eat too much and make myself sick.
    TTC 10/2010 DX with PCOS 01/2012 Metformin 05/12. Clomid 07/12 50mg- Bust,no response. 8/12 100mg 0 on CD20=BFP. 9/24-56 9/26-125 10/1-2100 B/G Twins, EDD 05/2013 "It's funny they give you a drug to help get you pregnant, but it makes me not want to have sex with you" -DH. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Relaxing as much as possible!
    Mellie